PDA

View Full Version : Fluid changes- Just thought I'd share a product

02ProstarSammyD
05-26-2011, 02:47 PM
So out of stupidity I bought a drill pump last year. What a pos.

This year I was going to buy one of the nice 55 dollar extractors but tried this one first from agri supply

http://www.agrisupply.com/88-405-oil-extractor-/p/70355/ss/trac/

emptied out my trans in maybe 20 seconds. Cost 12 bucks and you can take the part off and put it on any container (milk jug, orange juice bottle) to make it larger volume. For being 10 bucks it was majorly worth it and beats the crap out of messing with a drill pump for 20 minutes to pull out half a quart.

G-Star
05-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Cool! Got a picture of the aforementioned doo-hickey?

Iskidaily
05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
yes. very cool. I thought the problem with the drill pump was cold transmission fluid. Because of that, I have not changed transmission fluid since... are you telling me I have to go back to doing it myself? Oh well.

02ProstarSammyD
05-26-2011, 03:27 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dhxV1eKeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Its like the standard extractor but the black top piece wedges in the holder. For that reason you can remove it and put it on different containers. I used a orange juice container so I could just screw on the top and take it to autozone for disposal. I tried it last night and you can use any bike pump on it also. So if the pump goes you steal the kids bike pump for a minute. Its large enough to store 2 quarts by itself and I believe the overtons version is like 45 bucks and you can't change out the containers.

yes. very cool. I thought the problem with the drill pump was cold transmission fluid. Because of that, I have not changed transmission fluid since... are you telling me I have to go back to doing it myself? Oh well.
Naw man the drill pumps suck. I couldn't stand fighting with the hose and poor working. I mean even if you get it to work you don't have enough hands to operate it and work. This was 4 pumps and stand back and watch

flipper
05-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Never had a problem with my drill pump. Works great for me

02ProstarSammyD
05-26-2011, 03:31 PM
^I tried one......it sucked but think it was mostly the poor drill. Bought another last year and used my 1982 monster that will eat bits and it still sucked. Maybe I just caught a bad draw 2x on it but I think its a piss poor design

Thrall
05-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Never had a problem with my drill pump. Works great for me

I've used these for a long time. 1st one lasted 5-6 years. Use it on the cars too when needed.
02PSSD, you must have gotten bad ones?? They work great. Can empty the engine oil in less thana minute I bet