PDA

View Full Version : First Mastercraft question

langmotorsports
05-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Hello all.......great site with lots of helpful info!! W are in the process of purchasing our first Mastercraft and have found an 07 X1 which was owned by a resort on our lake that is for children only and the boat is operated only by staff members. We can get what i consider to be a good deal on it BUT the boat has 1100 hrs on it.....many of those attempting to teach children to ski and board or pulling tubes. The oil was changed weekly and all maintenece done by an authorized Mastercraft dealer.......boat is in great shape other wise but im scared of the hours............any input you guys would be wiling to give would be much appreciated!!

BWB-745-
05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I worked at a summer camp in high school and while the boats (inboard but not MC) were always kept up to date on their scheduled maintenance they saw more than their fair share of abuse when staff ski time rolled around.

Just something to be aware of

langmotorsports
05-26-2011, 01:53 PM
The rest of the boat doesnt appear at all like its been abused or even close to looking like it has 1100 hours on it.......if you assume its been taken care of properly and not abused whats your opinion on the hours? any idea as to what a new motor installed would be worst case scenario

oumiller28
05-26-2011, 06:07 PM
I think if they believe in the boat then they might consider giving some type of warrantee/guarantee for the next 50 hours or so... at least you can do is ask for it.

gotta_ski
05-26-2011, 06:20 PM
The oil was changed weekly? I'm calling BS.

TxsRiverRat
05-26-2011, 06:21 PM

I wasnt gonna say it, but it didnt sound realistic

ahhudgins
05-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Im the biggest skeptic to walk the face of the planet. If someone told me that the oil was changed ..weekly by an authorized MC mechanic.. the first thing I would do is find this mechanic and ask him about it. Never know, it could be true.

If you don't know enough about these boats to give it a good looking over, pay someone who does.

ahhudgins
05-26-2011, 06:26 PM

Other people beat me to it. If you find out it's BS, what else would they say to you in order to sell the boat.

langmotorsports
05-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I have the service records on the boat from the dealer that did it....but i agree i questioned it also