PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Pump

meg
05-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I changed all the impellers on my pumps and they worked fine until last weekend. The port pump DOES NOT turn to fill tank but DOES turn on to empty-any ideas?

thx

BoulderX45
05-26-2011, 12:29 PM
I've got the same problem with my starboard side pump. I swapped plugs (starboard to port) and the problem followed the plug. Checked a few connections and found nothing loose. So, I'm assuming its the switch. I order the switch and will know more once I receive the parts.

meg
05-26-2011, 04:36 PM
let me know if you don't mind-just odd its works 1 way

BoulderX45
06-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Meg, I installed the switch and nothing changed (left old switch in) still would not turn the pump on. I got to the water this weekend and it worked fine. I'm going to assume it takes the engine running to get this pump to start. Once the engine was running I had no problems on the water.

wxnic
06-08-2011, 01:37 AM
mine did same thing forever and no dealers ever figured it out. drove me crazy. i finally found the one-way flow valves(pvc) were toast. They weren't closing to cause the required suction needed to pull from the lake.

wxnic
06-08-2011, 01:39 AM
nevermind, i read your post wrong.

JRW160
06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
What color impellers did you put in? My pump would get stuck only going one direction with the black impellers. Green impellers work much better.

BoulderX45
06-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I installed the updated Green impellars. I still feel this is an issue with pump start amp draws. The motor has to running to get this motor to start. I'm a little disappointed in my self because I did not think about this while I spent $35 dollars for a few switches.

DBrown2
06-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Bump... well I went to all green this year.. Do the pumps in theory over heat and then just not work? I filled and then needed to empty.. and nothing on starboard.. I bumped fill and empty which for a 01 X10 I read is common on these older boats .. even thou my pumps where replaced two years ago. Still requires bump.. non the less my point nothing happened.. so I waited then about a hour later I hit bumped the switch.. and it started to empty. It's not check valve cause couldn't feel motor moving till it actually was...
Thoughts on the ghost or overheat issue..

DBrown2
06-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Bump to top for answer