View Full Version : Ballast Pump

05-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I changed all the impellers on my pumps and they worked fine until last weekend. The port pump DOES NOT turn to fill tank but DOES turn on to empty-any ideas?

05-26-2011, 12:29 PM
I've got the same problem with my starboard side pump. I swapped plugs (starboard to port) and the problem followed the plug. Checked a few connections and found nothing loose. So, I'm assuming its the switch. I order the switch and will know more once I receive the parts.

05-26-2011, 04:36 PM
let me know if you don't mind-just odd its works 1 way

06-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Meg, I installed the switch and nothing changed (left old switch in) still would not turn the pump on. I got to the water this weekend and it worked fine. I'm going to assume it takes the engine running to get this pump to start. Once the engine was running I had no problems on the water.

06-08-2011, 01:37 AM
mine did same thing forever and no dealers ever figured it out. drove me crazy. i finally found the one-way flow valves(pvc) were toast. They weren't closing to cause the required suction needed to pull from the lake.

06-08-2011, 01:39 AM
nevermind, i read your post wrong.

06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
What color impellers did you put in? My pump would get stuck only going one direction with the black impellers. Green impellers work much better.

06-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I installed the updated Green impellars. I still feel this is an issue with pump start amp draws. The motor has to running to get this motor to start. I'm a little disappointed in my self because I did not think about this while I spent $35 dollars for a few switches.

06-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Bump... well I went to all green this year.. Do the pumps in theory over heat and then just not work? I filled and then needed to empty.. and nothing on starboard.. I bumped fill and empty which for a 01 X10 I read is common on these older boats .. even thou my pumps where replaced two years ago. Still requires bump.. non the less my point nothing happened.. so I waited then about a hour later I hit bumped the switch.. and it started to empty. It's not check valve cause couldn't feel motor moving till it actually was...
Thoughts on the ghost or overheat issue..

06-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Bump to top for answer