PDA

View Full Version : Beaching boat with tracking fins?

supturb89
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
My rule is I never beach my boat, just don't like the thought of it. However I do see pics on TT every now and then of boats that are beached (mostly in the Swimsuit thread:D). It seems to me that beaching a boat can't be good on tracking fins. Am I missing something here?

pmkkdx
05-25-2011, 03:47 PM
not good on the hull either ... just say'n :cool:

mikey.145
05-25-2011, 03:49 PM
My friends and I beach ours all the time, BUT it is in super soft almost knee deep mud at most the places we go. I would never consider beaching in actual sand beach, I could only imagine what could or would happen to the underwater gear especially in rough water. Go buy one of those mooring kits and you'll be set!

Miss Rita
05-25-2011, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't want mine dragging bottom, but beaching a boat doesn't always mean that the fins are hitting, depends on the slope of the shoreline. I always make sure mine is free-floating.

jdl xstar
05-25-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm guilty of beaching but only do so if there are no other options. In regards to the tracking fins, the slope of the beach is usually steep enough so that that only the front of the hull is actually touching the mud/sand/dirt and leaves the tracking fins free and clear.

chawk610
05-25-2011, 05:05 PM
INteresting this came up... I will be doing this for the first time ever this weekend while camping...Yall think tying it to a tree AND anchoring in 3 foot of water would work?

pmkkdx
05-25-2011, 05:08 PM
INteresting this came up... I will be doing this for the first time ever this weekend while camping...Yall think tying it to a tree AND anchoring in 3 foot of water would work?

as long as there aren't any 2 1/2 foot waves rolling in :D

kskonn
05-25-2011, 05:24 PM

Worked for me at Inks lake!

Double D
05-25-2011, 05:28 PM

Yeah, 3 feet might be bad. We usually tie to a tree and then throw the anchor out front. With the slope of the beach the boat usually sits out about 40' so its always a wet walk to get to it. These pictures show us hooking it up and my brothers old SN already tied up....

chawk610
05-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Good point... I think it will be pretty mellow where we are gonna be...

Brian B
05-25-2011, 05:52 PM
as long as there aren't any 2 1/2 foot waves rolling in :D

Great point and easily overlooked!

osealy
05-26-2011, 04:11 PM
The fins aren't strong! Tide went out with fin on slip>
tried to manhandle the boat deeper

TxsRiverRat
05-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah, 3 feet might be bad. We usually tie to a tree and then throw the anchor out front. With the slope of the beach the boat usually sits out about 40' so its always a wet walk to get to it. These pictures show us hooking it up and my brothers old SN already tied up....

NICE boat! :)

Double D
05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
NICE boat! :)

Thanks!! You too!! :rolleyes:

Were losing smilies!!! :confused::confused: