PDA

View Full Version : Swim platform surf mod

peettee79
05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Did a bit of searching but couldnt find anything specific
Ive got a glass platform on the 09 X2 and have been thinking of removing it from the oem brakets, Machining some risers ( 6" ) and making a smaller teak deck to improve wave quality. Has anyone tried this on a similar model? Was it worth the effort ?
Also thinking of just making risers for the glass platform to reduce the spray effect on the wave.
Any sugestions ? Any trials prove effective ?
Cheers

CantRepeat
05-25-2011, 09:51 AM
I have not completed my test platform yet. I've got the brackets done which are nothing more then shorter standard brackets. I was not going to raise the platform up. Just make it shorter and narrower and see how that goes.

I'll have feedback after the weekend.

But I think you are moving in the right direction. It seems every wave I look at was modified by the platform. To what extent it changes it I don't know yet.

ShamrockIV
05-25-2011, 10:25 AM
this is my new project!!!
the concept is really sound that the platform is screwing up the surf wake. MC never dreamed in 02 when my boat was built that we would be behind the boat at 8 mph or so!!

anything to get that wake the best it can be will def be worth it!!

peettee79
05-25-2011, 10:44 AM
From research on other forums it seems a smoothe under side platform makes a ton of difference, if you look at the new surf dedicatedboats their platforms are heaps higher then earliermodels. Im gonna raise about 4-5" shorten and narrow it down with rounded edges and see how she goes. Post up ya progress ofwhat u find

CantRepeat
05-25-2011, 12:02 PM
I bet the best way to test would be to go out with NO platform on at all and see the difference in the wave. If it's better then you know making something that does not come in contact with the water would be the best way to go.

And you are correct, I have seen surf dedicated boats that have a platform raised way up.