PDA

View Full Version : Dead gauges '04 X2

wakesk8er2
05-24-2011, 11:53 PM
I know there's a couple threads about this around, but none specific to the '04 X2 that I can find. Last year, the gauges on my boat would randomly reset themselves when we hit a decent bump, then they started to stay off for a while after a bump every once in a while, now they are completely dead. I have checked/tightened all the ground wires and the rest of the dash has power. My closest dealer is Bay Area Watersports and I know they'd be able to figure it out, but they are still a few hours away. I'm going to give Jim a call tomorrow to see what he has to say, but I'm assuming without looking at it, the logical guess would be the MDC box. I've got Memorial day this weekend and my bachelor party next weekend. I need this thing to get going ASAP.

houtexX30
05-25-2011, 10:08 AM
let me know if they think the problem might be the mmdc. I have one that I would sell. I bought it thinking it might solve my gauge problem and it didn't. Unfortunately, no returns on units that have been connected.

brainroll
05-26-2011, 01:24 AM
I just went out last weekend to Bullards Bar Res. CA the first day all was great running like brand new. I have a 2001 PS209 with the LTR 330HP Northstar Ignition. The second day I thought my speedos plugged becuase both died. Than the tach, oil, and temp. My fuel gauge hasnt worked well for a couple of years. Eventually all was dead except the engine and accessories. So its sounds exactly like what you all have. Has anyone found an actual solution. I have read a dozen different posts all early 2001-2004's with the same issue. THere just has to be a common solution. I have not found a thread that someone actually has fixed this issue.