PDA

View Full Version : Fishing pole holders for tower?

Brian B
05-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Can anyone suggest where to begin looking for clamp on fishing pole holders for wakeboard towers?

Thanks in advance!

CantRepeat
05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
I got nothing.

tex
05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Might as well sell it!

flipper
05-24-2011, 07:14 PM
This should be good....:popcorn:

Dylan
05-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Best thread ever.

http://www.xairwakeboarding.com/showimage.php?imageid=79&width=620&height=380&fit=1

CantRepeat
05-24-2011, 07:22 PM

*like button*

DooSPX
05-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Oh, this IS going to be good....

Sit back and enjoy the show!

G-Star
05-24-2011, 07:36 PM
I've got a picture in mind from the swimsuit thread... ;)

I wouldn't describe as "clamp on", and the pliers have to be left on the vinyl, but other than that, it seems to be a very effective fishing pole solution.

Double D
05-24-2011, 07:44 PM
How about "NOT"!! Fishing on a comp ski boat, just doesn't seem right... IMO :)

pmkkdx
05-24-2011, 07:53 PM
there is no telling where this one will end up by in the morning when I check back in ... I can only imagine what a few brewskies will do to the level of this one ... LOL

Skir68
05-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Fishing????? ***???

EarmarkMarine
05-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Brian,
Seriously now. How about Taco Marine products that you could special order through West Marine.

David
Earmark Marine

Slinkyredfoot
05-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Heck yes fishing I do it all the time. I modified some 12 oz cans of my favorite beverage to the the new tower on my 79SS, these modifications provide not only an excellent place to store your pole, but a very convienent overhead storage for a cocktail. I get compliments all the time on my catch and my choice of beverage.. Pictures to come when I find my camera.

Covi
05-24-2011, 08:35 PM

My thoughts exactly.

ski/hunt
05-24-2011, 09:04 PM
There is a reason they aren't stock or even optional equipment!!

CantRepeat
05-24-2011, 09:32 PM
there is no telling where this one will end up by in the morning when I check back in ... I can only imagine what a few brewskies will do to the level of this one ... LOL

VICTORY!!!

Sam Adams on tap!

ahhudgins
05-24-2011, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't spend a lot on those. Drill some holes in some short 2X4s and attach them to the tower with some hose clamps. That way you can take 'em off when you're done "fish'n"

CantRepeat
05-24-2011, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't spend a lot on those. Drill some holes in some short 2X4s and attach them to the tower with some hose clamps. That way you can take 'em off when you're done "fish'n"

hahahahah!

aquaman
05-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Google "t-top rocket launchers fishing" and you will find some solutions compatible with your wakeboard tower.

just keep the speed down for fishing. trolling is a no wake zone. :)

Brian B
05-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Holy ****. Rough crowd.

In my defense, I use my boat at least three times a week, and live at the lake every other weekend for 3 days. I have a 3 year old son who wants to learn how to fish as well. I also enjoy fishing when I'm too beat up to ride.

Is there some kind of rule that says you cant fish off a ski boat? If so, I didn't get that memo, and if I do, I'll be sure to ignore it.

Brian B
05-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Thank you to those who offered helpful input!

cbryan70
05-25-2011, 12:16 AM
Its your boat do with it as you please. Do you have railings on your boat? They do make clamp on style for the railings as well. They would not be on your tower but may suit your needs.

Drinking a few beers and fishing on any boat is a good day in my book

MC4SNETS
05-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Brian,

Absolutely nothing wrong with fishing from your ski boat.......heck, I've skied behind a bass boat.

It's your boat, do whatever you want. You can always prop flags up in the rod holders when not fishing.....maybe a jolly roger, a martini flag, an american flag and your orange flag.....that would complete a set of four rod holders!

Now, if you mount a foot controlled electric trolling motor on top of the closed bow of a S&S and smoosh stinkbait into your carpet....I might draw the line there there.......

Otherwise, fish away....have fun with your kid! That's what I do.

Brian B
05-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Now, if you mount a foot controlled electric trolling motor on top of the closed bow of a S&S and smoosh stinkbait into your carpet....I might draw the line there there.......

Haha. We joked about that last weekend. No way any trolling motor is going on this thing. I almost kicked my friends *** for squishing anchovies into the carpet on my Bayliner. No live bait on the boat.

broncotw
05-25-2011, 01:02 AM
OMG! This is truly a sin!!! I am having visions of a slimy fish flopping around on the seats and carpet of my MasterCraft! Buy another boat bro if you want to fish!!!

trguy
05-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Can't help you with the rod holders on the tower, but I feel your pain.

Hey, you guys are way too cool. I fish in my Tristar and enjoy it when we're not thrash'n around the river. What am I supposed to do - bring a dingy? I don't get fish guts on the carpet either.

I'm 64 and when (if) you get to my age, you guys might want to fish and look good getting there.

Later ;)

...and no, I don't have a fish finder, but the depth finder is pretty helpful

Brian B
05-25-2011, 01:41 AM
OMG! This is truly a sin!!! I am having visions of a slimy fish flopping around on the seats and carpet of my MasterCraft! Buy another boat bro if you want to fish!!!

With all due respect, you're an idiot for suggesting that I should buy another boat to go fishing.

I fish from my platform. Not dropping any fish in my boat and I catch and release.

Holman J.B.F
05-25-2011, 02:05 AM
I waterski since i was a kid and i,ve been a diehard wakeboarder since 1995 but lately the thrill is gone. i babied all my 10+ (brandnew) boats but not ever a dealer has praised me for it,depreciation on a mastercraft is BIG anyway so who cares?
I defenitly going to fish if i feel like i want to...catch & release.

Brian B
05-25-2011, 02:43 AM
I waterski since i was a kid and i,ve been a diehard wakeboarder since 1995 but lately the thrill is gone. i babied all my 10+ (brandnew) boats but not ever a dealer has praised me for it,depreciation on a mastercraft is BIG anyway so who cares?
I defenitly going to fish if i feel like i want to...catch & release.

I hear ya. While I take great care for my stuff, I'm not afraid to use them.

tex
05-25-2011, 07:20 AM
I must confess...I learned to barefoot behind a pos bass boat!

FourFourty
05-25-2011, 07:25 AM
How about "NOT"!! Fishing on a comp ski boat, just doesn't seem right... IMO :)

So...you only use your boat for ski competitions??

Brian,
Seriously now. How about Taco Marine products that you could special order through West Marine.

David
Earmark Marine

This^

Looks like they could have a few choices for you!!

Lucky for you, its not your boat.......

Seriously guys........ It is this "MC is too good for...." Attitude that gives us MC owners a rep for being self centered douchebags. Its Brians boat, and it is certainly capable of being a vessel in which some good fishing can be done from.

Brian- Get it set up! And then post about the details!!

chawk610
05-25-2011, 07:30 AM
I'll be fishing on mine this weekend!!! Just like he said... off the swim platform... catch and release. The joys of boating and many... jeez.

TxsRiverRat
05-25-2011, 11:31 AM
My ski locker has never has anything in it.

Why not use the ski locker as a live well? You could install downriggers on the transom on the both the port and starboard sides, and troll for hybrids... With a humming bird fish finder, a trolling motor attached to the bow, and a couple of Skeeter decals, you could disguise that boat to be a pretty respectable fishing rig.

LMK when we can come for the fish fry...

j4rowell
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Seriously guys........ It is this "MC is too good for...." Attitude that gives us MC owners a rep for being self centered douchebags. Its Brians boat, and it is certainly capable of being a vessel in which some good fishing can be done from.

Yup!!!!!!!

Kyle
05-25-2011, 01:42 PM
My ski locker has never has anything in it.

Why not use the ski locker as a live well? You could install downriggers on the transom on the both the port and starboard sides, and troll for hybrids... With a humming bird fish finder, a trolling motor attached to the bow, and a couple of Skeeter decals, you could disguise that boat to be a pretty respectable fishing rig.

LMK when we can come for the fish fry...

Disguising the boat like this will allow fisherman and skiers/wakeboarders both to like him. He won't get that look from fisherman like can't you see I'm fishing. And since the skiers are laid back we just wont care.

Name your boat Ms. Riding Hood. Or Red Riding Hood if she's red.

A wolf in sheeps clothing.

TxsRiverRat
05-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Disguising the boat like this will allow fisherman and skiers/wakeboarders both to like him. He won't get that look from fisherman like can't you see I'm fishing. And since the skiers are laid back we just wont care.

I bet if you fish off a ski boat you wouldn't need a license - no game warden would check your boat for poles or a fish.

How many hybrids you think would fit in the ski locker?

ahhudgins
05-25-2011, 05:44 PM

I don't care what he does with the boat, it's his. The only people I know of who think that MC owners are douchebags are people who don't take care of THEIR boats. My father inlaw bought a very nice pontoon boat to fish with and he trashes the crap out of it. It's his boat and I don't say a word. On the other hand, he has no problem telling me that I'm "...too picky.." because I wipe mine down Sunday night when I take it out of the lake. For some reason if you own a nice boat and want to take care of it...others think YOU are the douchebag.

TxsRiverRat
05-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Wait... aren't the douchebags the ones that own boats with towers, wedges and ballasts?

LMFAO!

Just kidding guys!

Iskidaily
05-25-2011, 08:41 PM
You want to fish off your MasterCraft, I think you should. I like that a lot better than any jet - skier.

frosty
05-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Wait... aren't the douchebags the ones that own boats with towers, wedges and ballasts?

LMFAO!

Just kidding guys!

The bank owns mine...
thus,
The bank is a douchebag! ;-)

Hoosier Bob
05-25-2011, 11:42 PM
I think it is ok to mount poles on the tower just be sure to mount them high enough so the lines do not interfere with the skier.

Hoosier Bob
05-25-2011, 11:47 PM
I fished off my old Ski Nautique once. Soon to be father in law and brother in law wanted to fish. They sure as heck could not ski so I thought why not. Four casts into it said FIL rears back, hooks me in the side of the head with his Jitterbug and almost threw me out of the boat! I will never forget the initial feeling followed by the sound of his drag. Poles down, we are done.:mad:

BROUSSARD
05-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Hey Hoosier, at least he didn't snag the vinyl!

TxsRiverRat
05-26-2011, 04:05 PM
I think it is ok to mount poles on the tower just be sure to mount them high enough so the lines do not interfere with the skier.

I think that's the funniest freakin quote in this thread!

thatsmrmastercraft
05-26-2011, 04:18 PM

I think that's the funniest freakin quote in this thread!

HB does have his moments.

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Exactly, this boat had hardly any vinyl in it anyway. No back seat and engine cover was gel.Hey Hoosier, at least he didn't snag the vinyl!

MattsCraft
05-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I fish off mine all the time with the stereo cranked playing metal rock, can't figure out why I don't catch nothin!

Suggestions?

TxsRiverRat
05-26-2011, 04:48 PM
try smooth jazz or some dynamite

oxberger
05-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I think a boat upgrade is in order... Bring on the CSX!!!!

trickskier
05-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Call Chuck at BAWS 813-996-2297 - I think he has some off a CSX.

willyt
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
daarrrr dat gum dang dere boat done fishes hateee mannn i aint ever catch nuttin. dem fishes done hate mi boat

look ike my babys momma who done also my cousin goin hungerryyyy to-nite

TxsRiverRat
05-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Hater!

LMFAO!

daarrrr dat gum dang dere boat done fishes hateee mannn i aint ever catch nuttin. dem fishes done hate mi boat

look ike my babys momma who done also my cousin goin hungerryyyy to-nite

willyt
05-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Hater!

LMFAO!

haha actually just trying to be funny. I'm out for the season recovering from ACL surgery, i dont know if i'll ever fish from the boat but i can see how someone could.

Previous to this season 99% of the time we were wakeboarding on the boat. the other 1% involved women :banana:

TxsRiverRat
05-27-2011, 10:24 AM
That's why you shoulda bought a D-Drive... I didn't buy the MC to ski, that center engine hump is there for a different reason LOL

MC4SNETS
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
After 6 pages of fun, try THIS LINK HERE (http://www.barewest.com/wakeboard-tower-accessories.php).....Ran across these looking for a surfboard rack.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-04-2011, 02:36 PM
After 6 pages of fun, try THIS LINK HERE (http://www.barewest.com/wakeboard-tower-accessories.php).....Ran across these looking for a surfboard rack.

What the heck is the deal with a serious reply????

Brian B
06-04-2011, 02:54 PM

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for!

Kyle
06-04-2011, 03:03 PM

Those would look fine on the tower.

Brian B can only catch heck on the swimsuit thread.

What most of you guys are missing is he is taking his son fishing. My father had zero time for anyone but himself. Brian wants to hang with his boy and have a good time with him. Who cares about the rod holders. Go fish off the platform and enjoy your time together and post pics of the catch.

Kyle
06-04-2011, 03:13 PM
And real pics of the catch. No right clicking lol. Make sure your boat is in the pic in some way.

Have your boy drag up a 9lb largemouth and take his pic. The smile on your sons face will say it all. That will shut the rest of these yahoos up.

Brian B
06-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Those would look fine on the tower.

Brian B can only catch heck on the swimsuit thread.

What most of you guys are missing is he is taking his son fishing. My father had zero time for anyone but himself. Brian wants to hang with his boy and have a good time with him. Who cares about the rod holders. Go fish off the platform and enjoy your time together and post pics of the catch.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGfBbHn6zAhSbSl86OBAEI1AQHtOEIC 1PIhRBovE5I0UW2slR0_Q&t=1

1redTA
06-04-2011, 04:11 PM
how about using my S&S to haul a shrimp net? attach the boards to the eyes above the platform, use the fly high ski pole for the tag line, and to keep the boards of the vinyl I'll pub them on my refinished teak? the flyhigh will also be good for Lt DAAaan!