PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform Question?

LakeGenevaSurfer
05-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Just bought an '06 X-15 that needs a new swim platform pad. Previous owner had said Sea-Dek did a better job than the OEM replacements from Mastercraft.
A) Anyone have negative issues with Sea-Dek pads? application?
B) Is an '06 X-15 platform the same size as an '07 X-2 platform? They already have the template for the X-2. Otherwise I need to order a template kit and size it myself = more $$.
Thanks!!

gocougs
05-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I have a follow up question to this if you don't mind, but what product do you use to attach the pad? I have a couple edges that need to be glued back down and I'm not sure what to use.

DooSPX
05-24-2011, 07:33 PM
I believe they use Sea-Dek now. As well as BU, CC and others...

russlars
05-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Just be advised, if you go with Seadek, allow yourself lots of time. They are pretty slow putting out custom orders.

kskonn
05-26-2011, 03:23 PM
I have a follow up question to this if you don't mind, but what product do you use to attach the pad? I have a couple edges that need to be glued back down and I'm not sure what to use.

You can probably go with 3M77 spray adhesive. Spray adhesive on the deck and spray adhesive on the pad, push the pad down and add some pressure , a rock, brick etc... let it sit with pressure for about 45 min and you should be at 50% bonding strength. It will reach 100% bonding strength in a 24 hour period.