PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell or Phoenix, AZ Area June 17-19

TayMC197
05-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Will be in Phoenix, AZ that weekend. Would love to go out and ski/wakeboard in a new area. I'll bring eye candy if needed!

Taylor

Brian B
05-24-2011, 03:16 AM
Contact me a week or so before then! You'll want to go out that Friday if you want decent water. Riding Saturday and Sunday around here is almost out of the question.

rhythm720
05-26-2011, 12:39 AM
I will be around as well. But I dont do the lake on the weekend. Too many people. We can go to Bartlett Lake. Best lake around. Call or text me at 480 748 0775 Ryan

Skipper
05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Taylor, you are going to Powell and you didn't invite me? What the.... Dude, we are going to be on a houseboat the 17th to 22nd of June. I'll set up the slalom course. Probably going to be in Gunsight Bay. Not stalking me are you....that's kinda creepy.

TayMC197
05-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Heck if you're there that weekend, I will come up and ski with you guys... can't be that far away.

Skipper
05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Five hour trip from Phoenix. But you are welcome. Gimmie a call when you are in the area.

pmkkdx
06-02-2011, 06:34 PM
hmmm, hadn't thought about checking here ... we (the family, 6x all adult) will be vacationing to the Flagstaff area mid July (9-15) and hitting the touristy Grand Canyon highlights ... nothing firm on dates to hit various sites though ... I know nothing about any of the area lakes, but figure someone from here might, whether for a few board runs or merely a pleasure cruise.

Would be happy to cover fuel and return the favor if anyone ever down in Central Texas area.

Skipper
06-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Not sure of any place to ski around Flagstaff? If you go to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon it is about three hours from Lake Powell...two hours from the North Rim.

pmkkdx
06-06-2011, 08:30 AM
we are merely staying in the Flagstaff area, and have a few days of activities formulated, nothing firm on days of the week to do anything in particular. Wasn't sure if there was anything else that we should plan on hitting while in the area.

Skipper
06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Lake Powell is about an hour and a half north of Flagstaff. There are some day trip rafting excursions from the dam to Lee's Ferry. There are some jeep tours to slot canyons. Farther north into Utah are Red Canyon and Zion. Not too sure of what there is right around Flagstaff? Phoenix is only an hour and a half away too.

pmkkdx
06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
thanks! I did the Grand Canyon, painted desert, petrified forest, etc. excursion back in the mid 70s on a family vacation, visiting aunt / uncle / cousins ... speed vacation (my dad owned his own business) ... just wanted to take my family to some place new to them

V-man
06-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Try Lake Mary just south of Flagstaff. Small lake, but looks nice. I have seen wake boarders on this lake.

Skipper
06-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Try Lake Mary just south of Flagstaff. Small lake, but looks nice. I have seen wake boarders on this lake.

Lake Mary is at 50% capacity. Don't even think you can launch?

Skipper
06-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Taylor,

Congrats on the boat! That is awesome! I am jealous. Been skiing on Lake Powell the last few days. It is full of ginormous uber-expensive wake board boats pulling tubes. Scouted out a good camp site for the houseboat and the slalom course...but there are a ton of boats on the water.

Enjoy that new boat!