PDA

View Full Version : couple trailer questions

helton333
05-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Have a 2003 MC - anybody got advice on a paint code vs. trying to match at an auto paint supply (they have a gun they shoot it with to get close).

Also, is there a place to go to get parts for them - need a plastic end cap that snaps in the rear main tube - one just fell out I guess.

G-Star
05-23-2011, 12:01 PM
MasterCraft will give you the gel colour codes based on your HIN, so I'd imagine they'll have the trailer paint codes too? Out of curiousity, what colour is your trailer?

When you get it re-painted, are you going to go with single-stage or a base/clear? I've always wondered if a base/clear would be good on a trailer so it doesn't oxidize like a single-stage paint job. Anybody have thoughts/experience on this?

I lost one of those rectangular plastic inserts as well... I'm interested in knowing where to find a new one :)

helton333
05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
I just have a small fiberglass area to repair and paint - definately not the whole trailer. May just have the auto color place shoot it with the gun, then they can match what little fade it has

ctjahn
05-23-2011, 05:49 PM
I just have a small fiberglass area to repair and paint - definately not the whole trailer. May just have the auto color place shoot it with the gun, then they can match what little fade it has

I am sure it doesnt help but....

My fenders of my 78 are Toyota white duplicolor..... So close my friends cant tell where the repairs were (although white is easier than others in my opinion)... Used a white primer (several coats) then a white top coat followed by lots of hand sanding and polishing.... with a soft blend line

Cj