PDA

View Full Version : Perfect pass problems

mrhays9
05-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Ok this could be user error or an actual issue. If I turn the system on and then throttle I the boat will rev then idle I get no acceleration. If I wait to to turn the system on when I'm already accelerating the boat will instantly drop rpms back down idle. Don't know very frustrating. This a wakeboard pro system I am guessing it could be a servo issue. This is happening during the wakeboard option. It seems like the system isnt engaging correctly Thanks in advance.

Kyle
05-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Please excuse my ignorance. I do believe your boat is drive by wire.

If so I bet it operates fine when pp is turned off or disconnected completely.

Check power and ground and all connections on master module. If you have a pp owners manual make sure everything is installed correctly if previously installed.

If problem just started happening did the master module get wet at all?

You say you have a servo. Is the cord tight before driving. Servo should go through a self check after the key is turned on.

I have an old school mc with stargazer. An excessive stereo caused mine not to work properly due to magnets on the sub and the magnetic field around the cables. Had to route the pp completely away from any stereo equipment.

I'm not a drive by wire professional by any means. I could figure it out but would need everything in front of me to understand it. Prolly be best if a more knowledgable person chimed in after this post. Sorry

Mgboyd25
05-22-2011, 10:32 AM
What version are you running.6.4 6.5?

bturner2
05-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Call the PP guys. I had issues with my old boat and they were absolutely great to deal with. They know their gear insanely well and will have you running without guessing in no time.

mrhays9
05-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Well I was trying to work on the perfect pass but it seems I have another problem with it. I can't see the display. I have read the manual to increase screen contrast. I am thinking this is a broken wire in the setup. I will call PP and read the install and user manual in the process.

mrhays9
05-29-2011, 12:43 AM
We actually went ahead and purchased stargazers after talking with the guys at PP. Also changed the display. Same problems are happening that I listed above. Anyone got suggestions would be nice to have cruise control this weekend. The lack of it causes too many fight!!