PDA

View Full Version : MCX Hose Routing

dihrdskir
05-21-2011, 08:00 PM
This is my first post after purchasing my first MC, an 08 PS 197 TT, after years and numerous boats on the dark side at Malibu. Have put 50 hours on it since February and thought I'd investigate why it was running very cool, about 100 degrees, before putting it away for the Southern Hemisphere winter. Anyway did the usual and checked the thermostat 160 degrees and fine. Before pulling it apart I noticed the routing of the hoses in and out of the theremostat housing differred from side to side. Before reassembling as I pulled it apart does anyone out there have a diagram or pics of hose routing for Raw water cooling? Have searched this site and others to no avail..

Engine Nut
05-21-2011, 08:49 PM
This is my first post after purchasing my first MC, an 08 PS 197 TT, after years and numerous boats on the dark side at Malibu. Have put 50 hours on it since February and thought I'd investigate why it was running very cool, about 100 degrees, before putting it away for the Southern Hemisphere winter. Anyway did the usual and checked the thermostat 160 degrees and fine. Before pulling it apart I noticed the routing of the hoses in and out of the theremostat housing differred from side to side. Before reassembling as I pulled it apart does anyone out there have a diagram or pics of hose routing for Raw water cooling? Have searched this site and others to no avail..

Here is a flow/plumbing diagram for you.

dihrdskir
05-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks Engine Nut. I suspected something was amiss. The Dump hose on the starboard side was plumbed to the middle outlet at the housing and the return to the riser taking its place. All fixed now and ready for next season.