PDA

View Full Version : Walk-thru Windshield Foam Material

gimmemoedmb
05-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know what this stuff is on my '93 205? It's worn out and starting to fall off and I want to replace it. I've checked the local stores but everything I find is too cheap and not the same thing. I'm sure McMaster has what I want but I'm just not sure exactly what the material is. Yes I could run to the dealer and I may end up doing that, but it would be nice to just order this online.

Jim@BAWS
05-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Does anyone know what this stuff is on my '93 205? It's worn out and starting to fall off and I want to replace it. I've checked the local stores but everything I find is too cheap and not the same thing. I'm sure McMaster has what I want but I'm just not sure exactly what the material is. Yes I could run to the dealer and I may end up doing that, but it would be nice to just order this online.

Dealers are very capable of ordering and packing stuff upto ship

A picture of what you speak of would probably help

east tx skier
05-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Taylor Product number 1166. Agree that your local dealer is the easiest way to order. Try them first. If they can't help, you can get it here.

http://www.boatersland.com/tay1166.html

Thrall
05-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Some hardware and camper places have a pretty decent grade of neopreme ? weather stripping. I found some at home depot that was only like 1/8" thick, seems to work well and if it wears out, there's enough on the roll to redo it about 10 more times!