PDA

View Full Version : Hull mounted bow lights?

Justjoe
05-20-2011, 02:09 PM
I've seen em on other manufacturers boats. Id like to add them to my X2. Anybody mess with drilling into the bow and installing these?

I'd love to see a picture of an X2 with em. That, and I'd love to see a diagram of the forward hull to know what I was going to drill into (or better yet a picture of the hull without the top sheet).

M-Funf
05-20-2011, 02:25 PM
I've seen em on other manufacturers boats. Id like to add them to my X2. Anybody mess with drilling into the bow and installing these?

I'd love to see a picture of an X2 with em. That, and I'd love to see a diagram of the forward hull to know what I was going to drill into (or better yet a picture of the hull without the top sheet).

I did on my last boat, but I don't have the S&S out at night much, so I don't need bow lights.

I used ones like these...

Bow Lights (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=34695&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10109&subdeptNum=10577&classNum=10578)

There are some surface mount versions out there now, too, so you'd only need a small hole for the wires. I guess it depends on how much light you want to throw out there.

gatorguy
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
I think they would be awesome. We are always coming back at dark, and they would be great for loading the trailer at night. I would like some on my ps205

Jerseydave
05-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Legally they are only for docking, so IMHO why not install some forward-facing tower lights?
Mine work great, super bright and no drilling in the fiberglass.

For resale, the next owner may not want those bow lights.