PDA

View Full Version : Advice on replacing my Clarion XMD2

adam355
05-20-2011, 01:12 AM
I need to replace my clarion deck on my 02 x10 and was wondering what would be a good replacement. I'm finding this sony on ebay for around 230 shipped.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158H910UI/Sony-CDX-H910UI.html?tp=1721&nvpair=FFBrand|Sony&tab=detailed_info

Is that a decent deck or does anyone recommend anything different that is similar priced or cheaper? I would like to go significantly cheaper but I am not sure if I want to do the single DIN because of looks..? Also if I do get the deck what rca jacks do i use out of the outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)? I have one clarion amp that powers the tower speakers and another that powers the sub AND 4 internal.

Thanks and sorry if these are newbie questions but I'm newer to marine audio and been away from car audio for quite a while.

kskonn
05-20-2011, 01:16 AM
I have that exact deck in my 03 x30 and it works really well for me. Nothing fancy, controls ipod etc... I am amping all my speakers so I do not know how good the actual output is if you hook speakers up to the deck.

FYI just use the 2 volt rca's out on the front or rear to your amp for the towers, if it is a 2 channel amp just pick one and if it is a 4 channel amp you should use both the front and rear which would allow you to keep your front and rear fade. you sub out goes to your sub amp. Make sure that the sub level is turned up on the radio when you get it rolling.

adam355
05-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Just want to clarify. Does it matter if i use the sub output to my 2 channel sub amp when I have 4 interior speakers hooked up to the sub amp as well?

I'm just concerned the sub output would only use low frequencies or something. I want to just swap out my clarion deck and not redo my whole system.

kskonn
05-21-2011, 03:59 PM
If that is the case then you would probably just want to use the full range outputs not the sub out. I am assuming your amp has a cross over built into it so you can isolate the proper frequency for the sub at the amp.

adam355
05-22-2011, 03:42 PM
cool. thanks