PDA

View Full Version : Place to buy a cover?

skongolf
05-18-2011, 10:36 PM
I am needing to buy a new cover for my 2001 X30 and I was wondering where some of you guys have gotten yours. I dont need something fancy, and need it more for sun protection than rain protection. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

davomaddo
05-19-2011, 02:08 AM
I got a Rankin boat cover. I just tried to google them and it looks like they might be out of business. lame

ProStar Slalom
05-19-2011, 04:44 AM
I am needing to buy a new cover for my 2001 X30 and I was wondering where some of you guys have gotten yours. I dont need something fancy, and need it more for sun protection than rain protection. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

www.skiboatcovers.com. If sun is your primary concern, get a waterline cover using their cheaper fabric. I did this for the boat that only sits out on weekends, and went with a more expensive fabric for the boat that is out year-round. Happy with both.

BriEOD
05-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Skiboatcovers.com x2.

bturner2
05-19-2011, 08:09 AM
That's a third for skiboatcovers.com.

CantRepeat
05-19-2011, 08:17 AM
skiboatcovers.com

xbot50000
05-19-2011, 10:03 AM
I just got a custom fit sunbrella cover for my X9 - It awesome. I got it from
go2marine.com. Just did a quick check for your boat Sharkskin - similar to the original MC cover is $400 / Sunbrella $700. Probably the lowest prices around.

CantRepeat
05-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Oh if you go with skiboatcovers get this option. It's worth the 90 bucks for the stronger thread.

GORE™ TENARA® Thread w/Lifetime Warranty*

amesgardner
05-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Great info...thanks guys.

ddadamson1
05-25-2011, 04:18 PM
skiboatcovers.com again. Excellent to work with. Suggest the waterline fit to protect sides of the boat from the sun.

DavidMCX30
05-26-2011, 10:31 AM
I ended up going with a cover from Evolution Covers. I had great interaction with the gentleman at skiboatcovers, but found Evolution was about the same price for Sunbrella and they have a pole-less system that I really like. And the cover looks fantastic; very sleek. I also really liked working with Cory at Evolution. He had a pattern for my 2002 X-30. I am waiting on delivery now and very excited to get it. Wish I had ordered it earlier with all the rain we've been getting! I will post pictures when it arrives.

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/

Need to give credit to East TX Skier for his post on his cover. He went with Coversports cover. The looks and his endorsement drew me in. Coversports didn't have the template for my boat, but Evolution did. Same pole-less system. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=40358

amesgardner
06-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I ended up going with a cover from Evolution Covers. I had great interaction with the gentleman at skiboatcovers, but found Evolution was about the same price for Sunbrella and they have a pole-less system that I really like. And the cover looks fantastic; very sleek. I also really liked working with Cory at Evolution. He had a pattern for my 2002 X-30. I am waiting on delivery now and very excited to get it. Wish I had ordered it earlier with all the rain we've been getting! I will post pictures when it arrives.

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/

Need to give credit to East TX Skier for his post on his cover. He went with Coversports cover. The looks and his endorsement drew me in. Coversports didn't have the template for my boat, but Evolution did. Same pole-less system. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=40358

Pole-less? Can you send some pics when you have it? That sounds sweet.

ski_king
09-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh if you go with skiboatcovers get this option. It's worth the 90 bucks for the stronger thread.

GORE™ TENARA® Thread w/Lifetime Warranty*

I am about to pull the trigger on a sunbrella waterline cover with the Gore Tenara Thread.

Has anybody bought with this thread and is it worth it?

My current cover made by a local shop is about 12 years old and the sunbrella is holding up, but the threads are about gone. The big reason for replacement is it was poorly designed and is bucketing in the rain.

CantRepeat
09-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I am about to pull the trigger on a sunbrella waterline cover with the Gore Tenara Thread.

Has anybody bought with this thread and is it worth it?

My current cover made by a local shop is about 12 years old and the sunbrella is holding up, but the threads are about gone. The big reason for replacement is it was poorly designed and is bucketing in the rain.

I did get the thread in my X30 cover. I've only had the cover less then 2 years but it is holding up nicely.

memphis23
09-08-2012, 04:04 PM
James Propeller in Dallas Tx on I-35