PDA

View Full Version : Akron/Canton Ohio area

mtajpa
05-18-2011, 10:28 PM
My son is doing an internship in the Akron/Canton Ohio area for the next 3 months. While this will be a great time for him he is disappointed that he will be missing all of the skiing, boarding and surfing we do in Vegas. He knows nothing about this area. If anyone in the area could offer him pull or two over the summer I am sure he would love it and could provide fuel and elbow grease after. He is an excellent boat driver and worked at the local MasterCraft dealer in Vegas prior to its closing. He has lived his entire life on the water and in boats. If you would be interested please PM me and I will have him get in touch with you.

jakethebt
05-18-2011, 10:29 PM
There are several on here from that area, and usually a MC reunion in the summer. I am sure they will jump in soon.

Double D
05-19-2011, 01:43 AM
My son is doing an internship in the Akron/Canton Ohio area for the next 3 months. While this will be a great time for him he is disappointed that he will be missing all of the skiing, boarding and surfing we do in Vegas. He knows nothing about this area. If anyone in the area could offer him pull or two over the summer I am sure he would love it and could provide fuel and elbow grease after. He is an excellent boat driver and worked at the local MasterCraft dealer in Vegas prior to its closing. He has lived his entire life on the water and in boats. If you would be interested please PM me and I will have him get in touch with you.

WOW, what a surprise when I read this subject line. I tell you with the crazy rainy weather we have been having he may want to cancel that internship. My boat has yet to get out! :D Joking aside, what company and location will he be working at?
I am sure there are plenty of us in this area that will help him out. Some with better (bigger) boats than mine for what he wants to do. Does he have a problem riding in a CorrectCraft? ;)
As jakethebt mentioned, we do have a local reunion coming up on August 20th down in Columbus (2 hour drive) that we would totally welcome him too if he is still in town.

Keep the details coming and we'll keep responding with options!

Mgboyd25
05-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I live and work in akron Canton. We slalom barefoot and wakeboard. I will send you my information by pm. I am just out of college so I will be around his age. Where is he interning at?

mtajpa
05-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks Double D and Mgboyd25 for the response. He is UNLV PGM (Professional Golf Management) student and doing a internship at the Firestone Country Club. The wet weather is different for us as he found out on the golf course today. We are still trying to get him set up in an apt. and getting started at work so I will have him get in touch with you guys once he gets settled in. I leave on Sunday for home and if you are ever in the Vegas area I would be happy to return the favors.

jkski
05-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Tell him congrats on the internship at Firestone, it's a beautiful course and pending that he is there all summer, he will get to take part in the big tournament which is always cool to see.
As far as skiing goes, as the others have already said, he is welcome to join us. Mgboyd25 and I ski together a good bit so if he touches base with him it is an open invite to any of our boats.
If our weather ever changes we actually do have some great lakes and DoubleD can introduce him to a world of MC fans at his lake as well.

So welcome to the Akron area and we look forward to meeting him and you as well if you find yourself in town!

Double D
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks Double D and Mgboyd25 for the response. He is UNLV PGM (Professional Golf Management) student and doing a internship at the Firestone Country Club. The wet weather is different for us as he found out on the golf course today. We are still trying to get him set up in an apt. and getting started at work so I will have him get in touch with you guys once he gets settled in. I leave on Sunday for home and if you are ever in the Vegas area I would be happy to return the favors.

Wow, nice major!! We have a lot of golf courses around here too. Nothing fancy like the ones I have played in Vegas but some are very nice. My father-in-law is an avid golfer so I can also provide some information on some course to play around here, from an old guys point of view. :D

Let us all know when he is coming in...

cf_koch
05-21-2011, 10:03 AM
If he is looking for a club to ski at there is Emerald Lake in Norton and Chippawa Lake has a show skiing club in Medina. I am not a member of either but I hear there is a great facility at Emerald. They both have a web sites with information.

Welcome to Akron.

mtajpa
05-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks again for all the support. He is in town and settling in. Starting work next week. Hopefully he works alot that will keep him out of my pockets. He will be here until 8/13 and will be involved in the big tournament. He played a few times this week and is pretty much focused on golf but I a sure once the weather warms up he will be getting the skiing bug again. I am leaving today to go back to Vegas. Here is a pic of how he practices when he gets tired of skiing. Since this picture he actually made a floating tee instead of using a life jacket.
Thanks again for all your support.

jkski
05-22-2011, 12:19 PM
That is impressive, I can't hit the ball when it is sitting on a perfectly still tee muchless on floating object in the water!!!
Hope to meet him sometime this summer

Double D
08-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks again for all the support. He is in town and settling in. Starting work next week. Hopefully he works alot that will keep him out of my pockets. He will be here until 8/13 and will be involved in the big tournament. He played a few times this week and is pretty much focused on golf but I a sure once the weather warms up he will be getting the skiing bug again. I am leaving today to go back to Vegas. Here is a pic of how he practices when he gets tired of skiing. Since this picture he actually made a floating tee instead of using a life jacket.
Thanks again for all your support.

mtajpa, did your son ever get out? Is he still interning? You said he was here until the 13th, is that still the same? One more week and he could go to Buckeye Bash II....

mtajpa
08-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Yes DoubleD he is still out there but only until the 13th. I have kept telling him to get in touch with you or Mark but I think he is a little nervous. He is working this working on the big PGA tournament this weekend. Thanks for all the offers I should have introduced ourselves when I was there with him.

If you guys ever make it out to Vegas I'll be happy to repay the offers anyway.

Double D
08-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes DoubleD he is still out there but only until the 13th. I have kept telling him to get in touch with you or Mark but I think he is a little nervous. He is working this working on the big PGA tournament this weekend. Thanks for all the offers I should have introduced ourselves when I was there with him.

If you guys ever make it out to Vegas I'll be happy to repay the offers anyway.

Bummer he cant stay an extra week. Not sure if you have been following the Buckeye Bash Thread, but its looks better and better.

Too bad (or good) about working the tournaments this weekend, I was thinking of taking the boat out Friday and was going to see if he wanted to tag along....

Hope the summer was good for him.

mtajpa
08-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Double D he returned home on Saturday after a 32 hour straight run. And based on the smile on his face in this picture Yes he did have fun. He was with Tiger most of the day and was caught on the GOLF Channel by some friends here in Vegas. The picture attached shows his face just behind Tigers neck.

Thanks again to you and Mgboyd25 and all of the Ohio MC'ers who offered him a pull. Hope you all have a good time at the Bash this weekend. Wish I could be there. Maybe next time.

Thanks Again
Mike

Double D
08-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Double D he returned home on Saturday after a 32 hour straight run. And based on the smile on his face in this picture Yes he did have fun. He was with Tiger most of the day and was caught on the GOLF Channel by some friends here in Vegas. The picture attached shows his face just behind Tigers neck.

Thanks again to you and Mgboyd25 and all of the Ohio MC'ers who offered him a pull. Hope you all have a good time at the Bash this weekend. Wish I could be there. Maybe next time.

Thanks Again
Mike

Glad it worked out and glad he is home safe. Sorry we never got him out. Peace!