PDA

View Full Version : Falling on its face

edge0
05-18-2011, 05:17 PM
So my 2008 X15 with MCX falls on its face when gunning it out of the hole. Just replaced the fuel pump with part number 2044. New cap and plugs. mechanic says he can't reset the O2 sensor so thinks that might be the problem. I know this is a hard question to answer but anyone have any ideas where else I should be looking.

Hollywood
05-18-2011, 05:44 PM
How old is the gas? We had a MC tech come out and do a live scan while we ran the boat like hell on the water, is this an option?

JimN
05-18-2011, 06:20 PM
So my 2008 X15 with MCX falls on its face when gunning it out of the hole. Just replaced the fuel pump with part number 2044. New cap and plugs. mechanic says he can't reset the O2 sensor so thinks that might be the problem. I know this is a hard question to answer but anyone have any ideas where else I should be looking.

Isn't this boat still under warranty? Have you gone to a MC dealer or is it just "a guy"? The 02 sensor can't be reset- the ECM can be cleared of codes, though. I don't know if this is what you were told, or....

Did he check the fuel pressure before replacing the pump? If not, go to someone else.

Jeff d
05-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Cap? As in distributor cap? I'm pretty sure an MCX has distributorless ignition but I have no first hand experience with them.

Jim@BAWS
05-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Cap? As in distributor cap? I'm pretty sure an MCX has distributorless ignition but I have no first hand experience with them.

How about 2nd hand experience???

Must be a PCM MCX motor w/o a cap and rotor!!!

Ethomass
05-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I had this issue with my boat. Ended up being MAP sensor, nice easy quick replacement.