PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro?

Lakeside09
05-18-2011, 03:24 PM
My (new to me) boat has Mastercraft Factory Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro... It works perfectly in RPM mode but for some reason I can't get it to pick up in MPH mode... What am I doing wrong?

TxsRiverRat
05-18-2011, 03:36 PM
What do you mean by "pick up"?

can u change the PP to be in MPH mode?

Ski-me
05-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Mine is rpm based only but shows MPH. You may have to calibrate so PP knows what MPH is associated with what rpm.

You don't get a MPH display on your gauge?

Lakeside09
05-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I can choose between RPM or MPH... I can set it to a MPH and when I give it throttle it won't read my speed.... I can set it to 3175 RPM and Once I reach that point it will beep and set in... which is great but I would rather use it in MPH mode.

Ski-me
05-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Manual:

http://www.perfectpass.com/pp_support_usersmanual.html

TxsRiverRat
05-18-2011, 04:01 PM
I can choose between RPM or MPH... I can set it to a MPH and when I give it throttle it won't read my speed.... I can set it to 3175 RPM and Once I reach that point it will beep and set in... which is great but I would rather use it in MPH mode.

The Perfect Pass thats not GPS based will need a magnet pickup and a slalom course with magnets in order to calibrate it accurately.

I would think if you set it to say 32 MPH and it's not reaching the point where it sets, then you arent reaching the RPMS associated to that speed - try dialing the RPMs for 32 MPH down [manually] to say 2500 RPMs and see if it engages, and let me know

kskonn
05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't see it mentioned but if I understand you correctly it is not working in MPH mode?

if that is the case I would probably bet you just need to replace your paddle wheen under the boat. It is cheap and easy to do. typically if it is not reading out you MPH then your paddle wheel is bad. Mine goes out about every 2 years.

FYI I have the wakeboard pro system. the way you will know if your paddle wheel is working is if it reads the MPH out on the display while you are just cruising. If it does not read MPH then it is the paddle wheel.

02ProstarSammyD
05-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Has it ever worked? Could be poor location of paddle wheel or just inoperable. Give it a good inspection. With those symptoms its not your throttle cable, spring, or servo which are really the only other items that can be crapped out. PS I have the problem of nothing except I can't get rpm or mph to work with the servo & cable operating fine

TxsRiverRat
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Not trying to jack the thread, but while we're discussing, i have a 6.3 PP... Is there a way to brighten the display? I cant read mine while I'm wearing sunglasses...

kskonn
05-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Has it ever worked? Could be poor location of paddle wheel or just inoperable. Give it a good inspection. With those symptoms its not your throttle cable, spring, or servo which are really the only other items that can be crapped out

exactly- if it works well in RPM mode but not in MPH mode it is either a bad paddle wheel or bad location of the paddle wheel. Hopefully it is not the location that is a pain to fix.

Lakeside09
05-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Gotta be the paddle wheel then because it only works in RPM mode... it will not display the MPH while cruising or anything... The display looks like this if you set it to say 23... it would read... 23.0 0.0.... But if I set it to the RPM 3200 it would read from 0 all the way until it sets... beeps then cruise... which is great...

I do know where the paddle wheel is located... but not sure how to replace?

Any links?

kskonn
05-18-2011, 04:22 PM
I am sure there is some on this board, when I had to replace mine I went and picked it up at the mastercraft dealership and then called them when I got to the boat and they walked me through it.

TxsRiverRat
05-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Gotta be the paddle wheel then because it only works in RPM mode... it will not display the MPH while cruising or anything... The display looks like this if you set it to say 23... it would read... 23.0 0.0.... But if I set it to the RPM 3200 it would read from 0 all the way until it sets... beeps then cruise... which is great...

I do know where the paddle wheel is located... but not sure how to replace?

Any links?

Sounds like you got your answer. Your original question was not clear enough :)

kskonn
05-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Sounds like you got your answer. Your original question was not clear enough :)

The only reason I knew what he was asking was because I had it happen to me when I first bought my boat!

Lakeside09
05-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry I wasn't more clear in my initial post.

Hope changing out the paddle wheel is an easy fix.

east tx skier
05-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Not trying to jack the thread, but while we're discussing, i have a 6.3 PP... Is there a way to brighten the display? I cant read mine while I'm wearing sunglasses...

Not in 6.3. I think they added that feature in SG.

02ProstarSammyD
05-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Well you'll want to check and see the impeller is shot or if you need a whole new assembly. The impeller is 29 bucks and the whole kit is 129. Simple swap out to replace

Lakeside09
05-18-2011, 04:49 PM
The wheel looks fine and spins no problem...

Ski-me
05-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Not in 6.3. I think they added that feature in SG.

I have it available in my 6.5ng...... 1-5 contrast setting (3 line display).

Lakeside09
05-18-2011, 05:01 PM
It may not have a good connection at the plug in... I will check that.

Jerseydave
05-18-2011, 08:31 PM
It may not have a good connection at the plug in... I will check that.

Mine was not right since day one, dealer found a wire with a bad connection at the paddlewheel. check all those connections. With boat on trailer you can remove the paddle wheel from the inside of the boat, its just a collar that unscrews holding it in. Unplug the connector and check there for any problems too (corrosion, etc.)

02ProstarSammyD
05-19-2011, 08:54 AM
From what I understand these systems are EXTREMELY sensitive for signal/power. Run head to toe on the cabling and make sure its ok. Yes it sucks

Dangodz
04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I recently purchased a wakeboard pro for my mastercraft tristar. Where would be the best place to install the paddle wheel? (please don't answer under the boat!) :) kinda wondering cause if i install it up front, it will probably jump when weighted for surf or hitting waves, if it is in the back, wont it get some extra water push from the propeller?

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

east tx skier
04-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Approximately 4"--6" to starboard and slightly forward of the drain plug on my old Pro Star 205. For some reason, it's to port on my Ski Nautique (or it was before I removed it).

From the Perfect Pass Manual (http://perfectpass.com/sites/all/themes/perfectpass%20-%20Copy/images/wakeboardpro2005.pdf) on page 11:

"The key to a good installation is to place the paddle in a location where there is nothing to disturb the flow of water in front of the paddle for 5-6 feet."