PDA

View Full Version : Shower pump leaking

skongolf
05-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Well I just got a 2001 X30 with 280 hours and it has a couple minor (I hope) issues i need to deal with. One is the shower pump is leaking. Not a huge leak, but it is a constant drip one the boat is underway. I really can not replace the pump right now, just want to stop the drip. Would disconecting the wires do the trick or do I disconnect the wires and the water lines? Just curious which would be best. Oh and I am sure I will be back with more questions.
Thanks

bturner2
05-18-2011, 08:28 AM
The only way to be sure the leak will stop is going to be to stop the water flow from the source. To do this you're going to have to cap of or remove the source.

The shower is going to have two water lines going to it. If it's installed per the instructions one is going to come from the block via a barbed fitting on the starboard side of the block. You'll need a brass plug for the block once the barbed fitting has been removed. I believe it's going to be a 3/8" plugged but am not sure. You should be able to get this at Home Depot. The second line will be a bit harder as once again if it's installed per the shower instructions this one will be teed into the fresh water lead to the engine. You'll need to remove the line of the Tee and find a something like a vacuum line cap to seal off this line. All this being said it may be easier to just figure out what part of the shower pump is leaking and just fix that.

skongolf
05-18-2011, 11:58 AM
The leak is coming from the seal between the cap of the pump(Top part) and the cylinder part of the pump. So the leak is about 3/4 of the way up the pump. Not sure if I can replace just that part or not. Could I just pull the lines leading into the pump and cap those?