PDA

View Full Version : 2004 X2 Water in Tranny

CoyB
05-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Ok so I have a 2004 X2. I bought the boat last year and had a mechanic check it out for me. I now have water in the tranny and called the company that did the check and told them the tranny fluid is milky. they asked if I surfed behind my boat. I said yes and they told me that it probably come in because of that???? is that true? if not, what do i do? how do i find out what kind of tranny i have? please help. i am freaking out!!

Brian B
05-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Subscribed!

CoyB
05-17-2011, 02:12 AM
huh? what does that mean?

Brian B
05-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Means I'm interested in your topic. While I dont have any solid information to offer you, I'm happy to stick around and here what the outcome is. I'm "subscribing" to this thread.

Good luck

CoyB
05-17-2011, 02:53 AM
ah. gotcha. now i just wish someone would help me out. lol

sand2snow22
05-17-2011, 11:20 AM
No clue, maybe someone left the drain plug in? Somehow water got in there. Change the oil and see if it comes back. Hopefully not!

CantRepeat
05-17-2011, 11:57 AM
There should be a little metal tag on your tranny that says what it is. Find the info and post it up here. Someone will tell you what kind of fluid/oil goes in it. Change it out a couple of times.

Keep your bilge dry and check it often. Make sure the auto on work on your bilge pumps.

Surfing has nothing to do with water in your tranny. The guy is full of it. There's tons of people that surf that don't get water in the trans, me for one.

Brian B
05-17-2011, 12:30 PM
I dont understand the thinking behind surfing causing this issue. Is he suggesting that surfing fills up the bilge and in turn fills the transmission?

wakescene
05-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Ok so I have a 2004 X2. I bought the boat last year and had a mechanic check it out for me. I now have water in the tranny and called the company that did the check and told them the tranny fluid is milky. they asked if I surfed behind my boat. I said yes and they told me that it probably come in because of that???? is that true? if not, what do i do? how do i find out what kind of tranny i have? please help. i am freaking out!!

I highly doubt that surfing is the cause. Sounds like a leak issue in the tranny cooler. There is another about thread about this that could provide some more info. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=40968

CoyB
05-18-2011, 08:05 PM
i changed the fluid three times and the oil is still milky. i am going to change the cooler now. will it hurt it if i run it milky?

CantRepeat
05-18-2011, 08:16 PM
i changed the fluid three times and the oil is still milky. i am going to change the cooler now. will it hurt it if i run it milky?

Yes, nothing good will come from running contaminated oils.

JimN
05-18-2011, 09:25 PM

Have the cooler tested and have it repaired if it's leaking. There's no benefit to spending more on a repair when re-soldering the original one will be just as good.

Think about it- how would water in oil be a good thing? Did you notice how thick it is? Oil needs to flow freely and thick, strawberry milkshake looking oil will never flow easily.

JRLx30
05-27-2011, 08:44 PM
My guess is that you have a small leak in the trans cooler. How does the engine crank oil look?