PDA

View Full Version : Torque specs for 8.1 exhaust manifold

stu272
05-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Anybody no what the torque spec of a aluminum exhaust manifold on a 8.1 vortec is. I'm replacing the gasket between the manifold and the engine.

rjracin240
05-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Google Torque Tables as well as bolt identification, should be able to figure out what grade of bolt you have then use torque table with measurements of bolt to figure out torque. Not familiar with your boat enough to look it up myself, just wanted to throw something out there to give you some help.

stu272
05-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the reply I'll give it a try

X45fun
05-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Google Torque Tables as well as bolt identification, should be able to figure out what grade of bolt you have then use torque table with measurements of bolt to figure out torque. Not familiar with your boat enough to look it up myself, just wanted to throw something out there to give you some help.

Be careful. the bolt torque based on its size may be way too much torque for aluminum heads. The assembly plays a part in the torque specification. I own a company that manufacturers torque wrenches and have seen many variations in torque values for a specific size of bolt.