PDA

View Full Version : Sputtering Shower

Boater_C
05-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Hello!

Over the 18 months I've owned my MariStar, I haven't used the shower much. I wondering if it's normal not to have a steady stream of water flowing out the shower. It has the standard Heater Craft shower (2100 on the water pump). I've blown out the line between the pump and shower, cleaned the pump's metal screen, no kinks in the hoses, and stuck the in flow hose to the pump into a bucket of water and I don't get a steady water flow, rather a herky-jerky flow - is this normal? I am wondering if the pump is getting old (it's a 2000). Thank you in advance for your comments, suggestions, and help.

SpryBeast
05-14-2011, 07:39 PM
I get the same thing... 2003 X30.

Jesus_Freak
05-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Yes, you should be able to get a steady stream of water, from full hot to full cold, from the positive displacement pump as long as your engine is running. Based on your diagnostics, it seems that the only other issue is the power supply/ground. If that is fine, you might consider a new pump. That is my $0.02; perhaps others can chime in with better advice...

Jorski
05-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Just a thought...but I would also check your impellor and raw water pump. There needs to be enough water available to the shower pump for it to work properly.

Jerseydave
05-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Have you checked your hose that goes to the engine for hot water to make sure it is getting a good flow of hot water? Pull the hose off the barbed fitting at the base of the engine block....water should drain easily from the block. If not, you may have some sediment there.

BrianM
05-15-2011, 01:45 PM
There are also screens at the valve for both hot and cold sides. They can get clogged with all kinds of gunk.

Boater_C
05-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Thank you for all your comments. I might have not been clear in the my original post - I get a sputtering shower whether all the hoses are properly connected, or if simply running a hose from a bucket of water straight to the intake of the shower's water pump. It sounds like the pump needs to put out to pasture... Thanks again!!!

Goalie_ken
05-15-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm with BrianM on this one. I used to have to clean my screens out 2x' a year - its mostly the hot side. I have since put in a strainer in that is easier to clean out and doesn't clog as much.

Boater_C
05-16-2011, 07:49 PM
James at Heatercraft was most helpful. It sounded like to him the water pressure switch was bad, since I would get good flow for a moment, then not. A new one is $19.