PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass pull characteristic

davidstan
05-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Does anyone know what/how adjustment need to be made to PP to allow for a stronger hole shot to pull fat arse out of the water? Right now wife hits the throttle and i drag a good bit before getting up. With PP off it is easy for her to get me out. I am referring to slalom mode.

willyt
05-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Reprop it. Has nothing to do with pp

gatorguy
05-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Should have nothing to do with prop if it works fine when PP is off. Sound like a PP program issue, however I am the first to admit I know nothing about PP.

davidstan
05-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Correct it is not a prop issue and i know you can adjust the pull just need some help with what adjustment others might consider.

east tx skier
05-14-2011, 10:59 AM
There is no adjustment in Perfect Pass that has anything to do with the hole shot. Perfect Pass isn't even engaged at those rpms. The adjustments in the pull, i.e, Kx values, change how rapidly Perfect Pass adjusts the throttle when it is controlling the system (ski speeds). The result is a firmer or softer pull. If the KX values are low, the rpm's will swing more and the pull will feel soft and easy but the boat will run with the skier into the pre-turn. If the KX values are high, the skier will feel completely free from the boat in the preturn but will feel no give in the pull off the ball.

Bouyhead
05-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know what/how adjustment need to be made to PP to allow for a stronger hole shot to pull fat arse out of the water? Right now wife hits the throttle and i drag a good bit before getting up. With PP off it is easy for her to get me out. I am referring to slalom mode.

What speed is the PP set at? If PP is set at slow slalom speeds i.e. 24,26 MPH it will engage before the boat is on plane pulling up anyone over 200 lbs. Now IIRC on a mechanical throttle you can throttle past the set point but on drive by wire you can't. Just something else easy to check, I've been wrong before.

Skipper
05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
You may actually want to ask your wife not to hit the throttle but to ease you out. Sounds counter intuitive, but it is actually easier to get out of the water with a slow steady pull than a hard fast pull. Try it once...I think you will be converted.

davidstan
05-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Correct it is not a prop issue and i know you can adjust the pull just need some help with what adjustment others might consider.

You may actually want to ask your wife not to hit the throttle but to ease you out. Sounds counter intuitive, but it is actually easier to get out of the water with a slow steady pull than a hard fast pull. Try it once...I think you will be converted.

Pretty sure this is it. She hammered it i think and somehow it engaged early. Set at 30 mph.

CantRepeat
05-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Pretty sure this is it. She hammered it i think and somehow it engaged early. Set at 30 mph.

Just a question. But are you using the PP on your X2 for skiing?

TX.X-30 fan
05-14-2011, 01:13 PM
There is no adjustment in Perfect Pass that has anything to do with the hole shot. Perfect Pass isn't even engaged at those rpms. The adjustments in the pull, i.e, Kx values, change how rapidly Perfect Pass adjusts the throttle when it is controlling the system (ski speeds). The result is a firmer or softer pull. If the KX values are low, the rpm's will swing more and the pull will feel soft and easy but the boat will run with the skier into the pre-turn. If the KX values are high, the skier will feel completely free from the boat in the preturn but will feel no give in the pull off the ball.

Show-Off...........

73blue
05-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Could it be the PP is set on RPM mode and not MPH mode? Sounds like the PP is engaging at a certain RPM, which IIRC sometimes works better for slalom's higher speeds (not real sure about the last part) I tried this one time and obviously hit the high rpms before planing out which slowed the boat's takeoff considerably.

east tx skier
05-14-2011, 03:31 PM
What speed is the PP set at? If PP is set at slow slalom speeds i.e. 24,26 MPH it will engage before the boat is on plane pulling up anyone over 200 lbs. Now IIRC on a mechanical throttle you can throttle past the set point but on drive by wire you can't. Just something else easy to check, I've been wrong before.

Yeah, I remember my old boat doing this. If you don't push through your set speed smoothly, it would surge a bit.

east tx skier
05-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Show-Off...........

I can cut and paste with the best of them.

TX.X-30 fan
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
I can cut and paste with the best of them.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

davidstan
05-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I have it in simple slalom not rpm mode. May be a driver issue but will know tomorrow when the wind dies down some. Thx for the input.

AZX45OD
05-15-2011, 10:17 PM
I had this same experience last summer when trying to use the slalom mode for the first time. We have generally just used PP for wakeboarding/surfing. It turns out that my initial setting capped the RPM's at a certain level, so we could never quite get our "ample sized" slalom skier on plane. Your PP must be limiting your RPM's- but this can all be adjusted.

SchuyHigh
05-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Show-Off...........

I must admit, it was pretty cool to read.