PDA

View Full Version : After 1st run engine light

medicmoose
05-11-2011, 11:01 PM
A friend was running his boat today...first run after taking it out of storage. It was winterized and drained before winter. On this run the engine warning light in the VDIG came on. I asked if he had any heat coming from the heater and he said no but he did run it in the lake enough to get the engine warm.

I remember reading somewhere about water sometimes not circulating properly after running it the first time in the season. Could this be the reason for the engine warning coming up? How do you correct that flow of water for the first run of the year?

Any other suggestions? He said the boat otherwise ran fine...it's a 2008 X-2 with the MCX.

Thanks!

bobx1
05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Not sure about the VDIG boats but I would DISCONNECT the battery put it on charge then re-install and see if that clears up the problem before doing anything else. Low voltage caused my warning lights and buzzer to go off in my 07 X1 and disconnecting the battery and putting a fresh charge on her cleared the problem up. Worth a shot......

tr6coug
05-12-2011, 04:16 PM
On my '07 X2, if I pull the battery during the winter, I get a check engine alarm for low voltage after restarting. running the engine temp up to 160 and letting it cool down completely (3 times) will clear it. Really annoying.

medicmoose
05-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys...I'll pass this info along.