08-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Hibatchi shrimp.

Wanna hear my story about the body?

bcampbe7
08-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Dare I say yes??? :confused:

east tx skier
08-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Going to this otherwise unremarkable chain for lunch. They have amazing steak fries and a Crabcake sandwich. Yum! :banana:

/couldn't find the guy licking his lips and had to settle for the dancin' nanner.

MarkP
08-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Doug, Ouch, :cry: .

PB-n-J for Daddy Sweet-Water..

rem_p
08-27-2004, 03:00 PM
i had to settle for a pack of saltines and a can of vienna's... :confused:

east tx skier
08-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Actually ended up getting the chicken. They've got this amazing mustard that's got some horseradish, chili powder, and chipotle in it.

mmmm mmmmm!

bcampbe7
08-27-2004, 04:09 PM
That reminds me of the joke about the "out-of-towner" picked to join the judging of the Texas chili contest. I'll see if I can that one in my emails...

east tx skier
08-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Just give me the punch line, I remember the joke. My wife won't even touch my homemade chili anymore. Too many serranos last time.

bcampbe7
08-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Not really a punchline...

"Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili
cook-off.
The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened
to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon, when the call came. I was assured by the other two judges
(Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted." Here are the scorecards from the event:
__________________________________________________ ______
CHILI # 1 MIKE'S MANIAC MOBSTER MONSTER CHILI
JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.
JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
FRANK: Holy ****, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove
dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.
__________________________________________________ ________
CHILI # 2 ARTHUR'S AFTERBURNER CHILI
JUDGE ONE: Smokey, with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang. JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
FRANK: Keep this out of the reach of children I'm not sure what I
am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.
__________________________________________________ ________
CHILI # 3 FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI
JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.
JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.

FRANK: Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels
like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting ****-faced from all the beer.
CHILI # 4 BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC
JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
JUDGE TWO: Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.

FRANK: I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it, is it possible to burnout taste buds? Sally, the
barmaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills; that 300 lb.
***** is sarting to look HOT just like this nuclear waste I'm eating. Is chili an aphrodisiac?
__________________________________________________ _____
CHILI # 5 LINDA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER
JUDGE ONE: Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground,
adding considerable kick. Very Impressive. JUDGE TWO: Chili using
shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne
peppers make a strong statement.

FRANK: My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me
needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage, Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from a pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off? It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks!
CHILI # 6 VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY
JUDGE ONE: Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spice and peppers. JUDGE TWO: The best yet. Aggressive use of
peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.

FRANK: My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous,
sulfuric flames. I **** myself when I farted and I'm worried it will
eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me
except Sally. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my *** with a snow cone!
__________________________________________________ _
CHILI # 7 SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI
JUDGE ONE: A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

JUDGE TWO: Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. I should take note that I am worried about Judge Number 3, He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.

FRANK: You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a damn thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava-like **** to match my damn shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it;
I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

east tx skier
08-27-2004, 05:00 PM
That's it. Love it!

mcprostar197
08-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Morning-after extra cheese Tombstone pizza

Thrall
08-27-2004, 06:24 PM
bcampbe7, that is frickin' hilarious! Almost crapped myself laughing too hard!

paulphillipson
08-27-2004, 06:58 PM
bcamb7, I'm laughing so hard there are tears.!

JimN
08-27-2004, 07:44 PM
That one is a classic, alright.

Anyone have any good salsas using Poblano peppers? I have some growing in my yard and hopefully, they'll taste like something. Also, hopefully, they'll be ripe before Christmas, since it's been too mild for them to really grow fast(and get hot). I have some chilis, too. Last time I grew Jalapenos, someone or something took it off the night before I was going to pick it. I hope it was the hottest one ever grown and whatever ate it had fire shooting out of its butt.

MarkP
08-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Jimn

After harvest are you giving up some seeds?? (Poblano, chilis), :D

BriEOD
08-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Put some abcissic acid on them JimN and they'll perk up.

JimN
08-28-2004, 11:02 AM
If they are good, I'd probably save some seeds.

Brian- doesn't abscisic acid trigger dormancy?

MarkP
08-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Are you giving some up:wavey:

east tx skier
08-28-2004, 12:16 PM
One of my bosses has a working farm and grows prize-winning veggies. He gives about 95% of it to a local soup kitchen and brings the rest to work. He hates veggies. I clean him out of Jalapenos, seranos, and Japanese Eggplant each year (not to mention the farm-fresh eggs).

I've got a great salsa recipe (my wife's got it written down somewhere) I'd be glad to share some time.

MasterCrafting
08-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Food, Thats right i'm gonna eat FOOD!

MarkP
08-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Doug,

I'm game..

Leroy
08-28-2004, 04:17 PM
I love the chili taster! That is great!

Today, microwaved hamburger left over from son's soccer team party...lately been making burito wraps, some turkey or ham, shredded cheeze, microwave and then add shredded lettuce and onions hmmmm.

east tx skier
08-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Mark, until I get the actual recipe, give this a try. I go by taste, so I'm not using measurements

6 whole stewed tomatoes (or two cans)
lime juice
cilantro
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
diced red onion
diced green bell pepper
one or two raw jalapenos diced (you can go hotter with serano milder with none at all).
cumin

Put it all in the blender and puree it. Pour contents of blender into a pot and simmer over low heat overnight or for around 6 hours. Stir ocassionally.

east tx skier
08-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Oh, by the way, looks like I'm not a devotee anymore.

MarkP
08-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Sounds good you…. Maniac.. I rarely use a recipe with measurements anyway. I’ll have to give it a try. Hope I can stick to the recipe but I may have to add a little Chipotle and tequila to taste.:o Thanks Doug..

JimN
08-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Doug- leave the seeds in the peppers or take them out?

MarkP
08-30-2004, 04:35 PM
JimN, Out.

bcampbe7
08-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't it be hotter if you left them in?

MarkP
08-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Bc

It looks to me the greatest volume of seeds from Doug’s recipe are in the green bell pepper, and would offer no flavor or heat. I guess the small amount of seeds from the jalapenos or serano peppers would add some heat but I think are typically removed. After re read of the recipe I don’t see an indication one way or the other. I will probably remove the seeds and adjust the heat to taste with, dried and ground seeds and smoked dried and ground jalapenos.

east tx skier
08-30-2004, 05:14 PM
As for the bell pepper, remove the core and seeds. As for the other "hot" peppers, it's optional. I'd probably leave them in the jalapeno, but remove them from anything hotter. You can saute or smoke the peppers to take some of the heat out of them if you like.

Good commercial salsas I've found lately.

Tejano and Arriba

MarkP
08-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks for that clarification Doug.

My wife has been on that low carb diet lately and I have found myself using a lot of salsa in her meals. This one will be a nice fresh change

east tx skier
08-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Isn't salsa all carbs? Hope you enjoy it. I'm going on old memory with that recipe, if I can remember to get the written version, I'll post it.

MarkP
08-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Doug

I think (most) of the carbs in vegetables don’t count against your total carb intake. Or something like that

MarkP
08-30-2004, 08:19 PM
:confused: Doug, after re-re-reading your recipe I have a question.. Do I have a misconception of what “salsa” is?? :confused: , (I am from up North and all). I think what has me all screwed up is the, “Put it all in the blender and puree it”, thing..

BriEOD
08-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Mark,

You may be confusing salsa and picante. Oh and in your honor I marinated my rib eyes tonight with a light coat of olive oil to hold in the spices. Plus, we had a terrific French Onion Soup (found the recipe online), homeade mashed potatoes (none of that box crap) and some asparagus. The wife was thrilled. Plus I have the "outlaws" (inlaws) visiting.

JimN
08-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Salsa is just Spanish for sauce, anyway.

Made some guacamole tonight with one of my chili peppers. Just right for that. Not too hot, not wimpy. Tried a bit without seeds or membrane and it didn't have much kick, but then I used the whole thing in the mix and it was good. I'll try to save some seeds if winter doesn't start too soon so they get a chance to mature.

east tx skier
08-31-2004, 10:34 AM
Wait a minute, did the guy from PA just ask the guy who lives upstairs from Mexico if he knew what salsa was? ;)

The answer is that you can blend it to whatever consistency you like. But what you have pre-blender is whole stewed tomatoes, which are a biatch to get on a chip if you don't use a blender. You don't need to blend until it's foaming, but mix it up a bit.

And while I'm at it. Here's a good guacamole recipe.

6 ripe avacados
lime juice a tablespoon or three
sea salt to taste
orange juice about a tablespoon
salsa a tablespoon or two
diced jalapenos (optional)
and (I know it sounds like I'm cheating, but it's amazing)
1 package of McCormick's Guacamole seasoning.

Brian, anytime you want to come down and cook for us, come on down!

MarkP
08-31-2004, 12:58 PM
Not a chance Doug.“Do (I, me, Daddy Sweetwater) have a misconception of what “salsa” is??” ;)

Thanks, Love the guack too!!!:headbang:

jimmer2880
08-31-2004, 01:17 PM
PB&J with homemade Grape Jelly (Stay-at-home-Wifey/mommy made it yesterday) :)

That joke was hilarious!

east tx skier
08-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey, Mark, just bustin' your stones a bit. I'd probably recomend not too much on the green bell pepper, too. It's really just for substance, but too much of it can lend some off flavors.

Pitched a yeast starter for my next beer last night. Tomorrow night is brew day. Amber Cerveza! Should be ready by Thanksgiving. Novemberfest!

MarkP
08-31-2004, 02:17 PM
I got it Doug, Just wanted to make sure you knew I was asking, how you All do it. :worthy: ..

east tx skier
08-31-2004, 03:00 PM
You mean us guys? :cool:

MarkP
08-31-2004, 03:03 PM
Yep, "you guys"..:wavey: ..

DemolitionMan
06-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Chick-fil-a sandwich, fries and a sweet tea.

ski_king
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Peanut Butter crackers and Propel. I was only planning on working half a day, but now I am stuck here.

plunk77
06-20-2011, 01:44 PM
chipotle after two workouts it was the best it had ever tasted

Dylan
06-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Talk about a thread resurrection! Leftover Sirloin burgers from the Father's Day Bash. I would have to say that leftover burgers are probably the worst leftover of them all.

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 02:17 PM
I had chick filet for lunch here in plano - LOVE this place...

http://i55.tinypic.com/2u62zyu.jpg

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Whataburger monday...

plunk77
06-20-2011, 02:47 PM
chick fil a is amazing. sometimes me and some buddies go there and get a nugget platter and just go to town. not to mention the lemonade.....

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 02:54 PM
chick fil a is amazing. sometimes me and some buddies go there and get a nugget platter and just go to town. not to mention the lemonade.....

that pic from earlier today had nothing to do with the quality of the food :)

chic fil a = milf city!

plunk77
06-20-2011, 03:07 PM
that pic from earlier today had nothing to do with the quality of the food :)

chic fil a = milf city!

damn i didn't even notice that. guess thats what you get for being fat. always thinking about the food first

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 03:26 PM
damn i didn't even notice that. guess thats what you get for being fat. always thinking about the food first

oh, and she wasn;t the best of the ones in there - let me see how the other one i took of a different one came out :)

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 03:34 PM
it was really hard to snap pics while my co workers were all there, sorry for the low quality...

I need to eat chic fil a more often...

LOL

http://i52.tinypic.com/2jtpht.jpg

plunk77
06-20-2011, 03:37 PM
it was really hard to snap pics while my co workers were all there, sorry for the low quality...

I need to eat chic fil a more often...

LOL

http://i52.tinypic.com/2jtpht.jpg

dang i need to start eating inside chick fil a more often

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I hate plano, but it's a talented city

Kyle
06-20-2011, 04:04 PM
No chick fil a babes for me.

I had 2 hot dogs, 3 pieces of fried chicken, 1/4 bag of lays chips out of family size bag, a coke, and some reeses peanut butter cups. Bout to be done working and gunna hit the pool and grab a beer.

Then it's off to grandpas 80th bday

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
WOW - Tell grandpa I said Happy Bday man - love his stories!!

I texted you a bit ago fool - wanna ski wednesday after work?

Mark

Kyle
06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
WOW - Tell grandpa I said Happy Bday man - love his stories!!

I texted you a bit ago fool - wanna ski wednesday after work?

Mark

If it's not windy and if I'm not playing golf.

76S&S
06-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Most Monday's involve a trip to Newk's (southern chain), but today was just a boring salad from a different place.

DemolitionMan
06-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Whataburger monday...

We use to have whataburger, now it is called old time burgers. I may have to stop on the way home.

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 04:51 PM
If it's not windy and if I'm not playing golf.

GOLF W-T-F FTL

COME SKI

DemolitionMan
06-20-2011, 04:52 PM
GOLF W-T-F FTL

COME SKI

It is too hot for golf.

It is almost too hot to ride in the boat.

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 04:53 PM
screw that - he's too young for golf!

Kyle
06-20-2011, 04:57 PM
GOLF W-T-F FTL

COME SKI

You call -15 off skiing :D :D :D rotflmfao.

Just kidding there buddy. Just kidding

TxsRiverRat
06-20-2011, 04:59 PM
i'm going to kick your a-s-s... 8p

DemolitionMan
06-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Went to the club today and ordered a blt and pasta salad. Then I see the specials clam chowder so I tell the server I will have a cup, she then then tells me that it is not ready they just started cooking it. I really wanted to say if its not ready then don't put it on the board.

Kyle
06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I am going to the car wash and walking over to chick fil a to try my luck!!!

Just kidding. But am getting truck washed and then driving 1.5 hours to take a client to the bank so he can get papers notarized. Prolly will eat a gas station taquito from qt. The guy just called and I am hauling to leave the house.

tex
06-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Left over pork chops!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-21-2011, 01:50 PM
In dallas for the week, facilitater took us to bone daddies, interesting places...

TxsRiverRat
06-21-2011, 02:03 PM
In dallas for the week, facilitater took us to bone daddies, interesting places...

Want to ski with us Wednesday after work?

aaron.
06-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Taco Tuesday baby!

TxsRiverRat
06-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Tuna Tacos?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Want to ski with us Wednesday after work?

Sure I can meet you, were done about 4pm

DemolitionMan
06-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Had a calzone from the pizza joint.

DemolitionMan
06-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Hibachi steak and rice.:smile: