PDA

View Full Version : *URGENT* 98 Prostar 205 rear seat issue

rslong50
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Can anybody help out with the the bench seat for a 98 Prostar 205? Mine was re-upholstered before I bought it and now it falls to the floor when you sit on it. So apparently it was redone too tight or something. Has anyone dealt with this and if so what did you do? I just dropped it off to be re-upholstered and forgot that the seat also doubles as the sundeck extension. Any quick help would be greatly appreciated!

dirtk38
05-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I had the same problem with mine when I bought my boat. I ended up building a new seat. If you need a quick fix, I found that my fenders fit perfectly under the seat and provided enough support to keep the seat from falling when people sat on it (assuming it is in the bench position).

Its pretty simple to build a new one. Check out this thread for some info: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38732

captain planet
06-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I have read the attached thread and the referenced thread in that thread. So, is that honeycomb alluminum no longer available?

Viper896
06-02-2011, 03:31 PM
is the seat the same as a 96 prostar? If so, I have an extra I could sell you.

dirtk38
06-03-2011, 03:46 PM
I have read the attached thread and the referenced thread in that thread. So, is that honeycomb alluminum no longer available?

Honestly, I didn't spend a lot of time looking for it. Everyone here seemed to be re-building out of plywood, so I just went with that for cheapness and simplicity. My new seat is certainly a lot heavier than the old one, though...

TxsRiverRat
06-03-2011, 03:50 PM
That sundeck for the 98 PS205 stinks... Sorry, i found it aggravating to see how it couldn't sit still - always sliding forwards! Glad i have a 93 and the entire back seat remains out of the boat in the back of the stall.