PDA

View Full Version : What all triggers warning buzzer 2002 x star

bjw444
05-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Hello I had a check engine light and warning buzzer on my 2002 x star and diagnosed that I had trouble code 22 which ment tps sensor failure. Replaced tps and check engine light went off.

The problem is I still have warring buzzer regardless if the boat is on or off. My gauge shows 14+ volts, all fluid leveled are good, and I have a fully charged battery.

What should I check help me please!

G-Star
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
How long does the alarm go off for?

I've had a weird issue in the past where my alarm goes off (without the light) for 30 sec or so, then turns off again. All fluids ok, temps ok, etc.

bjw444
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
the buzzer never goes off, im stumped i even looked throught the wiring diagrams straight from indmar and checked all engine sensors

G-Star
05-10-2011, 12:53 PM
the buzzer never goes off, im stumped i even looked throught the wiring diagrams straight from indmar and checked all engine sensors

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a while in an attempt to reset the ECM?

bjw444
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
i have and that did not fix it, i also have ran it a few times to see if that would solve the problem, from looking at the indmar service manual electrical diagrams it seems that the check engine light is for the ecu and the warning buzzer is on a different circuit outside the ecu and motor assembly

G-Star
05-10-2011, 01:35 PM
On page 8-26 of the service manual it shows connector J1.
J1-8 is listed as "BUZZER"
J1-27 is listed as "CHECK ENGINE"

This would make me think that both the buzzer and the light come from the ECM...
Where were you seeing the buzzer as a separate circuit, outside the ECM?

samgreazy
05-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I wonder if you had a short in a wire to the buzzer...but you said you looked at the wiring diagram...That is strange....good luck

bjw444
05-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Well I'm not sure if it's outside the ecu circuit but why would the light go Off but not the buzzer if they were on the same circut

G-Star
05-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Well I'm not sure if it's outside the ecu circuit but why would the light go Off but not the buzzer if they were on the same circut

I'm not saying they're on the same circuit.
The manual shows the J1-8 (pin 8 on the J1 connector) as the "buzzer" output, and J1-27 (pin 27) as the "check engine" output.

I interpret that as meaning pin 8 energizes the buzzer, and pin 27 energizes the check engine light.

JimN
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Hello I had a check engine light and warning buzzer on my 2002 x star and diagnosed that I had trouble code 22 which ment tps sensor failure. Replaced tps and check engine light went off.

The problem is I still have warring buzzer regardless if the boat is on or off. My gauge shows 14+ volts, all fluid leveled are good, and I have a fully charged battery.

What should I check help me please!

trace the buzzer wires- typically, the ground is tuned on/off by the controller but if the ground side wire shorts to the block or another ground wire, it won't turn off. You might want to contact Indmar, directly- they built the harnesses and they'll know where the grounds are combined before they attach to the block. This is likely caused by the water that was in the boat.