PDA

View Full Version : Factory Cover Staining Seats?

mseller
05-10-2011, 08:04 AM
I have just purchased a new factory cover for my 2008 X45. Have any of you experienced the cover bleeding and staining the seats? It looks like it is turning the seats a rusty orange where it touches the cover(bow and stern). Is there a way to prevent this? How do you go about getting this stain off?

agarabaghi
05-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Happened with our cover. If you leave the boat uncovered in the sun for a bit they usually go away. You can try magic erasers followed by some conditioner.

acc1
05-11-2011, 07:40 AM
it's actually the heat reacting with the vinyl, where are you located

mseller
05-11-2011, 11:54 AM
so you're saying it's not the cover?? i'm in charleston south carolina

Thrall
05-11-2011, 12:27 PM
No, it's the cover.
My X2 has white vinyl and the MC cover will stain the vinyl in as little as a couple days sitting in the sun.
PO left it outside in Vegas with the cover on extensively and the sundeck and top of the front seat were almost brown.
Time uncovered in the sun and Malco cleaner are what cleaned it up.
If I was going to leave the boat out in the sun, I'd cover the areas where the cover touches the vinyl with white towels or get a liner swen into the cover.
FWIW, teh cover will also scuff the windshield frame even parked with the wind blowing. Rubbing compound/polish by hand will shine it back up, but I slit some swim noodles and slip them over the windshiled frame before covering it up when it's outside.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
but I slit some swim noodles and slip them over the windshiled frame before covering it up when it's outside.[/QUOTE]

Very Smart....

mseller
05-11-2011, 01:06 PM
No, it's the cover.
My X2 has white vinyl and the MC cover will stain the vinyl in as little as a couple days sitting in the sun.
PO left it outside in Vegas with the cover on extensively and the sundeck and top of the front seat were almost brown.
Time uncovered in the sun and Malco cleaner are what cleaned it up.
If I was going to leave the boat out in the sun, I'd cover the areas where the cover touches the vinyl with white towels or get a liner swen into the cover.
FWIW, teh cover will also scuff the windshield frame even parked with the wind blowing. Rubbing compound/polish by hand will shine it back up, but I slit some swim noodles and slip them over the windshiled frame before covering it up when it's outside.

Ya i leave it sitting in my lift at the lake so I will definitely have to figure out something. thanks for the info

KnoxX2
05-11-2011, 01:20 PM
but I slit some swim noodles and slip them over the windshiled frame before covering it up when it's outside.

Say that 10 times fast!!!!:D

DemolitionMan
05-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Say that 10 times fast!!!!:D

:uglyhamme

bturner2
05-11-2011, 05:59 PM
After two years of messing with that cover I finally just bought a Sunbrella cover from skiboatcovers.com. I loved the way the factory cover fit but the material sucked. Not only did it stain the seats it also leaked really bad. Good by, so long. So far so good with the new cover. We've had several; substantial storms and the boat is still dry inside. No marks anywhere.

mseller
05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
i have noticed that the factory cover lets in water right at the tower foot. How does the skiboatcover fit? do you have to use tie downs everytime or does it have ratchet system like the factory?