PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying This Tool?

Shooter McKevin
05-09-2011, 01:09 PM
I've been meaning to ask this question for 2 years and I finally remembered to take a picture. Does anybody know what the helical metal pin with the green end is for? It was on the keychain when I bought the boat.

Jerseydave
05-09-2011, 01:12 PM
My guess would be it's used to clear your pitot tubes for your speedos. Never saw one though.

What do I win? I free trip to Calgary??? Man that would be awesome right about now!

Brian B
05-09-2011, 01:29 PM
My guess would be it's used to clear your pitot tubes for your speedos. Never saw one though.

this is correct.

DemolitionMan
05-09-2011, 01:43 PM

What do I win? I free trip to Calgary??? Man that would be awesome right about now!

That is what it is for.

Shooter McKevin
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM

this is correct.

That is what it is for.

That was fast. Thanks guys. I guess I should try using it. I've never had to stop and clean it out but my speedo does temporarily quit every once in a while.

Dave,
Our weather has been better than yours (obviously) but we are not on the water here yet. I think you should set your sights a little higher and hope for a trip to Arizona. The member who hands out the prizes on this forum has yet to return any of my emails. Maybe you will have better luck than I have.:D

Thanks again guys.