PDA

View Full Version : Help me.... Am I crazy high????

Kyle
05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Selling my '93 190

Boat:

•25th anniversary boat
•New upholstery installed in 2008
•Raised bubble graphics off of 2007 190
•New style teak swim platform off 2002 and up 190 or 197
•Custom folding swim platform brackets from oj props
•Under water lighting 3 lights
•New fuel gauge sender in tank
•Perfect pass stargazer gps speed control
•Repowered engine at 495 hours 515 current hours with upgraded GT40p heads and custom cam and a holly 4160 carb. Pushing 325 to 350 HP.
•Power Slot transmission
•Complete transmission rebuild when engine was out. All new clutches, pressure plates, springs, seals, and gaskets replaced
•JL audio 7.7 speakers 3 pair, a JL 5.25" pair in dash by windshield, JL audio 12" W-6 sub in supper bass box. Alpine amps. All speakers have 100w rms running to individual channels and the sub has 500w powering it, alpine head unit with iPod, 3 optima batteries and perko selector switch, custom skylon pole with speaker inclosure.
•Blue led back lights for all speakers
•Blue neon courtesy lighting in side panels
•New steering cable in 2010 and rebuild tilt steering column
•Bimini top
•OJ prop 4 blade 13.7 x 17.75

Trailer:

•Rebuild trailer brake actuator in trailer tongue.
•New stainless brake line
•New Tires and spare
•New brake shoes, backing plates, and wheel cylinders
•Led trailer lights
•All new wire to lights 2008
•Replaced bunks and carpet 2008
•Berring buddy's
•New non skid for trailer fenders
•New Boat buddy

The boat and trailer is never put away wet or with water spots on it. it stays in a storage barn under a celing fan. The boat is polished and waxed several times a year.

I have too many hours of my time putting elbow grease into this jewel to count.

I know that 10.5k to 12.5k is what I see a lot of these boats online for but they are factory 190's that may need work. This is a very clean updated 190, one of a kind boat that is turn key and ready to go have fun.

I want 15k for her. Am I crazy what do you think my asking price should be???

Pics are in my profile in my albums

Ben
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
You may not be crazy high, if you can wait for the right buyer. For the same money, one could probably find a decent condition (yours is obviously better than decent) newer hull boat. You need someone who wants the 91-94 hull, is OK with carb engine, and would like a clean boat.

Having said that, if avg asking price is 11.5K, I'd say $3500 premium may be a bit much, but would assume you would negotiate.

You could consider pulling some of the stereo & lighting stuff out for the next boat???

Kyle
05-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I have over 5k in stereo and lighting parts alone without install.

There will not be another boat.

Kyle
05-09-2011, 11:59 AM
This is why I am asking you guys who have bought before.

My boat will be on traderonline, craigslist, ski it again, this market place and I need a good idea and serious responses. This is no joke I am out of boating.

Miss Rita
05-09-2011, 12:00 PM
I think the crazy thing is that you're 1100 miles away from me, too far to go take a look.

chawk610
05-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Doesn't seem too high to me... there are a lot of serious upgrades there... one assumes looking at it that you take major owner pride in your boat...but as previously stated... it's gonna take the right buyer! If I had it... I would take it off your hands for sure! I would love to see more of that pylon set up you made!!!

DooSPX
05-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Damn Kyle, sorry to hear your selling her. what are replacing her with? I do not think thats too high. If I was in the market, I would take it off your hands. Good Luck.

scott023
05-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Appreciate the time and effort that you've put into your boat, but there is no way you're going to get any mileage out of a 5K stereo. That is something that rarely gets buyers to pay more that what black book is. The fact that you have priced it so high and have done upgrades that may not be functional for a big percentage of buyers out there is tough. You could be driving a lot of potential sales away. Your GT-40 heads are worth $500 max, and the 90 extra horse you may be pushing isn't necessarily going to bring in a lot of buyers either. :twocents:

BrianM
05-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Nice looking boat but it is NOT a 25th anniversary boat. It was just built in the same year. Going to take the right buyer to want to spend the extra money for the $5k in stereo and lighting. Most looking for that era Prostar 190 are looking for a solid well maintained slalom tug at a reasonable price. All of the bling just makes the price less reasonable. Good luck with it........

east tx skier
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Put it on dallasboats4sale.com, too. Sorry to see you're selling.

Jerseydave
05-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Nice boat, but it's not a 25th anniversary prostar. Those boats as you know were limited stars & stripes with either red or blue metalflake.

Still it looks like a nice deal for someone. Good luck with the sale.

No more boating/skiing?

pram
05-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I think you are high with your price, unless you can find that certain someone who wants it

your best bet is to pull all the extra's off/out and sell them separately

unfortunately for you and me that boat is only worth 10k at the most and even at that

this one is only 8k

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/2367071458.html

Kyle
05-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Thank you Scott. I appreciate your response. I get what you are saying but since buying this boat I have close to 30k invested in everything on this boat not including ski equipment, life vests, ropes, bumpers, etc. A stereo alone will not bring me 5k I get that but everything else that has been put into it including the stereo may.

Please continue with responses. I took off from work today to wash n polish wax her and vaccume her out. Pics will be posted later today.

Kyle
05-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Fwiw I turned down 10k sat and that included me still having access to it.

east tx skier
05-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Nice boat, but it's not a 25th anniversary prostar. Those boats as you know were limited stars & stripes with either red or blue metalflake.

Still it looks like a nice deal for someone. Good luck with the sale.

No more boating/skiing?

The Stars and Stripes wasn't the anniversary boat either. They were only limited in production by the number of orders MC received for that roughly $750 option. The Limited Ed. anniversary boat for 1993 was the Silver Metalflake 190 Ltd. 25 were made and all but at least one had the LT-1.

chawk610
05-09-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't count on Craigslist for anything as far as what the market will bear. That place is for quick sells. No way that boat only brings 8K I would have turned down 10K myself. Are you upgrading... or getting out all together?

Hoosier Bob
05-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks Doug, shattering everyone's dreams since 2004!:DThe Stars and Stripes wasn't the anniversary boat either. They were only limited in production by the number of orders MC received for that roughly $750 option. The Limited Ed. anniversary boat for 1993 was the Silver Metalflake 190 Ltd. 25 were made and all but at least one had the LT-1.

sand2snow22
05-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Used market is strong, even stronger heading into summer. Your boat is worth whatever someone will pay for it. If it's in great shape and you've done your comp. homework and you believe it's worth every penny, then that will come through in the sale and someone will pay top dollar.

Market it like crazy, every craigslist in TX, onlyinboards.com and boattrader(a bit spendy). Good luck!

east tx skier
05-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Fwiw I turned down 10k sat and that included me still having access to it.

There's an old saying in sales that a seller only has one chance to be unreasonable with the price. Ask for the moon and be realistic when it comes to negotiating.

tex
05-09-2011, 12:55 PM
This is why I am asking you guys who have bought before.

My boat will be on traderonline, craigslist, ski it again, this market place and I need a good idea and serious responses. This is no joke I am out of boating.

...and into what?

sand2snow22
05-09-2011, 12:59 PM
...and into what?

Martini's?

DemolitionMan
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
...and into what?

:popcorn: Inquiring minds want to know.

lettmeknow
05-09-2011, 01:06 PM
You should have taken the $10k!! Most those upgrades would scare people away. Like Brian said earlier, those boats are highly desired by slalom skiers, who do want all that extra bling.
A wakeboarder could easliy find a vdrive better suited for boarding for 15.5K.Never know though, maybe you will find someone willing to pay that, no one I know though!

Kyle
05-09-2011, 01:07 PM
:popcorn: Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know yet. Just done boating....

scott023
05-09-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't know yet. Just done boating....

What inspired this decision?

DemolitionMan
05-09-2011, 01:23 PM
What inspired this decision?

Hopefully he is not going to the dark side like eastie.:D

DemolitionMan
05-09-2011, 01:25 PM
4 dollar a gallon gas wants to make me get out of boating.:D

1redTA
05-09-2011, 01:38 PM
I would personally consider $0.50 on the dollar recouping my money for upgrades I had done to my vehicle(s). It hurts, but that is part of the fun when making something yours.

I hope you get what you want for it, Good Luck!

sand2snow22
05-09-2011, 01:42 PM
$15.5k for a v-drive in great shape? Hmmm..... Not too many of those out there. There are, but they go quick.

760 hours:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/2364932622.html

Jorski
05-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Just to put that asking price ($15,000) into perspective...

I have 1993, Prostar 190 with LT-1, single ale trailer. Paid $13,000......eight years ago.;)

You might be better off trying to sell the stereo seperately.

chawk610
05-09-2011, 02:05 PM
4 dollar a gallon gas wants to make me get out of boating.:D

x2 serious OUCH this past weekend, truck and boat $ 126.50

sand2snow22
05-09-2011, 02:07 PM
To put $15k in perspective....Look at that waterline and interior :( Not saying this boat is worth it...

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=28440

Market has changed many times in 8 years.....

chawk610
05-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Stored in a sewer pipe??? LOL... gross!

jipster43
05-09-2011, 03:09 PM
$13K for a '93 LT-1 would be a score today... IF you could find one! However, I agree with most of the comments voiced here. "Updates" rarely equate into higher resale value. Low hours, maintenance records, and a great over-all appearance are far more important. It's like putting granite countertops in your condo that sits in a bad neighborhood. Your buyer will thank you, but they're not going to add to the final price.

Sounds like a very sweet boat though, and you may find a buyer for it at $15K. It depends on how long you are willing to wait for that buyer. Good luck!

JP :)

lettmeknow
05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
a better perspective-

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/2365110932.html

sand2snow22
05-09-2011, 03:28 PM
That's a sweet boat. Still waiting for a v-Drive in that conditions for $15.5k :)

blakehardesty
05-09-2011, 03:34 PM
It never hurts to ask for something. But dont be dissapionted when you dont get it. Nice boat tho

TX.X-30 fan
05-09-2011, 03:51 PM
It never hurts to ask for something. But dont be dissapionted when you dont get it. Nice boat tho

My dating life in a nut-shell...........:D

scott023
05-09-2011, 03:52 PM

Good thing you got a hold of one and really out punted the coverage team... :D

Kyle
05-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I will post pics and you guys can help with top dollar price opinions. I realize that I am taking over a 10k hit asking 15k. I only want opinions and thanks for everyones opinions so far. I am just like all of you guys. I want the best price when buying anything and the best price selling something. Please don't hate as you guys would probably do the same. I know it's a ski boat and skiing is not cool anymore. I just want to get her sold and move on with my life. As far as a replacement boat the only thing I would consider is a 29' or 32' fountain but I feel like leaving the lake lifestyle and atmosphere completely will be the best option right now. I won't get into details about why it is what it is. I probably will have 2 pro model wakeboards and 4 or 5 really nice comp level waterskis that all skied into deep -35 and shallow -38. Very good skis that may be for sale as well. I just haven't decided to turn the wake boards into a park bench and the skis wall decor for the garage. All skis have been to regionals and nationals and hold a lot of sentimental value. I'm not sure it's worth a few hundred dollars at this point to let the sentimental value go or not but the boat needs a new home. Hopefully to a great family who will continue to take care of her instead of trash her out. But when she leaves me I can not worry about that any longer.

sand2snow22
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
a better perspective-

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/2371329814.html

etduc
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey Kyle,

Do you still have the Insta-Slalom course, or did you sell it to Taylor?

Randy

Kyle
05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey Kyle,

Do you still have the Insta-Slalom course, or did you sell it to Taylor?

Randy

I still have it. He had medical bills that took priority and I completely understand. He said if it sells then it sells and he will look for another one.

TX.X-30 fan
05-09-2011, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=Kyle;751344]I will post pics and you guys can help with top dollar price opinions. I realize that I am taking over a 10k hit asking 15k. QUOTE]

No offense but you really can't look at it like that. Like when you put a pool in cost 50,000 return at sale 25,000 maybe.

etduc
05-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I still have it. He had medical bills that took priority and I completely understand. He said if it sells then it sells and he will look for another one.

I'll pm you.

Kyle
05-09-2011, 04:47 PM
If anyone wants to verify quality of boat and how its taken care of Etduc, taymc180, gofast, Tex, scubaprsn, and jrcallison have all seen my boat.

Taymc190, scubaprsn, jrcallison, and i believe Tex have all driven it or skied it.

By the way if any of you guys listed above do not want to be listed please let me know and I will remove your profile info.

02ProstarSammyD
05-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I always say its worth only what it is worth to the buyer. If you find the right buyer its worth whatever they are willing to shell out. When I was looking for boats I came across a snob I liked. Guy wanted about 3g over what I thought it was worth and what I had seen them selling for. I called him back 3 days later to try and nego some more..........it was sold

J NORRIS
05-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Kyle, FWIW, I would never sell my boat for "Market Price" either. I have put way too much TLC into my boat to sell it to somebody not willing to pay top dollar. The dealers expect top dollar, so why shouldn't you too. Sounds like you took extremely good care of her, hope she goes to a good home. PM me if you decide to get rid of your slalom sticks. Good luck with your sale.

east tx skier
05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks Doug, shattering everyone's dreams since 2004!:D

That said, I have bad scans of the "25 Years of Excellence" side windshield decals for anyone who wants to make his boat an "anniversary edition." 8p

east tx skier
05-09-2011, 05:46 PM

Sure, you might get slapped in the face 9 out of 10 times.

But that 10th one ... :D

Kyle, pictures sell boats. Post a ton of them and make sure there is something reflecting in the gel coat. You will find a buyer. I had a lot of people tell me my asking price was crazy. But I was open to negotiation and did sell it for a lower price. But it was a price that the buyer and I were both happy with. And the buyer is still happy with the boat going on 4 years later.

Also a 93 ... with less storage for gear (but more for people) than yours has ... and a lot of replacement skins N.I.B. that were sold to the new owner in a separate transaction.

It was a different market, but the market is improving. I'd love to try to talk my wife's cousin into this boat, but he is pretty much sold on an open bow against my advise. :)

east tx skier
05-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I always say its worth only what it is worth to the buyer. If you find the right buyer its worth whatever they are willing to shell out. When I was looking for boats I came across a snob I liked. Guy wanted about 3g over what I thought it was worth and what I had seen them selling for. I called him back 3 days later to try and nego some more..........it was sold

Those things are here today, gone tomorrow. Went and test drove one with my wife's cousin. He called to make an offer on it less than 12 hours later and it was gone.

BROUSSARD
05-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Selling my '93 190

Boat:

•25th anniversary boat
•New upholstery installed in 2008
•Raised bubble graphics off of 2007 190
•New style teak swim platform off 2002 and up 190 or 197
•Custom folding swim platform brackets from oj props
•Under water lighting 3 lights
•New fuel gauge sender in tank
•Perfect pass stargazer gps speed control
•Repowered engine at 495 hours 515 current hours with upgraded GT40p heads and custom cam and a holly 4160 carb. Pushing 325 to 350 HP.
•Power Slot transmission
•Complete transmission rebuild when engine was out. All new clutches, pressure plates, springs, seals, and gaskets replaced
•JL audio 7.7 speakers 3 pair, a JL 5.25" pair in dash by windshield, JL audio 12" W-6 sub in supper bass box. Alpine amps. All speakers have 100w rms running to individual channels and the sub has 500w powering it, alpine head unit with iPod, 3 optima batteries and perko selector switch, custom skylon pole with speaker inclosure.
•Blue led back lights for all speakers
•Blue neon courtesy lighting in side panels
•New steering cable in 2010 and rebuild tilt steering column
•Bimini top
•OJ prop 4 blade 13.7 x 17.75

Trailer:

•Rebuild trailer brake actuator in trailer tongue.
•New stainless brake line
•New brake shoes, backing plates, and wheel cylinders
•Led trailer lights
•All new wire to lights 2008
•Replaced bunks and carpet 2008
•Berring buddy's
•New non skid for trailer fenders
•New Boat buddy

The boat and trailer is never put away wet or with water spots on it. it stays in a storage barn under a celing fan. The boat is polished and waxed several times a year.

I have too many hours of my time putting elbow grease into this jewel to count.

I know that 10.5k to 12.5k is what I see a lot of these boats online for but they are factory 190's that may need work. This is a very clean updated 190, one of a kind boat that is turn key and ready to go have fun.

I want 15k for her. Am I crazy what do you think my asking price should be???

Pics are in my profile in my albums

If I were in the market you would be getting some calls! Love the upgrades you did to her!

Kyle
05-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Sure, you might get slapped in the face 9 out of 10 times.

But that 10th one ... :D

It was a different market, but the market is improving. I'd love to try to talk my wife's cousin into this boat, but he is pretty much sold on an open bow against my advise. :)

Please talk to him. I promise pics are coming

tex
05-09-2011, 09:09 PM
If anyone wants to verify quality of boat and how its taken care of Etduc, taymc180, gofast, Tex, scubaprsn, and jrcallison have all seen my boat.

Taymc190, scubaprsn, jrcallison, and i believe Tex have all driven it or skied it.

By the way if any of you guys listed above do not want to be listed please let me know and I will remove your profile info.

Just to make it clear...I wasn't the person skiing it into 35 or 38!

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Boat Pictures

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:10 PM

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:18 PM

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:22 PM
skylon pole

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:25 PM

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:32 PM

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:40 PM

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Engine Porn Time

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:47 PM

Kyle
05-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Ok I know that is a ton of pics but I think it will get the message clearly across that the boat is well taken care of...

Kyle
05-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Sorry I forgot these

Kyle
05-09-2011, 11:10 PM
If any of you know anyone in the market please let me know. The boat has all new powertrain with 20 hours on it. It is super strong and new. So far I have been super impressed with how strong this boat pulls. There is not a skier who will be able to slow the boat down and pull out of tollerance times. I have pulled 2 long line adult footers (1 was 210 and the other me at 185 lbs, so not light weight kids) and 3 other adults in the boat at 45 mph on gps stargazer and had to slow down as our feet started burning. It has a huge hole shot and tons of mid range power.

medicmoose
05-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Good looking boat and looks like it is well cared for. I am a stereo guy but I have to agree with some other posters here...the lighting and stereo upgrades are cool but will not add much to the value of that boat.

Good luck with your sale...hope you get a good price for it!

gotta_ski
05-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Great looking boat. I agree that if you wait it out you'll find a buyer willing to pay you what you think its worth, or near it.

slightly off topic, but what brand and color are your underwater lights?

JohnE
05-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the boat is worth $15K. I also agree that the upgrades do not add a lot of value. Definitely some value though. If I were buying an older 190 I'd need/ want to put in a decent stereo (not a $5K one) and Star Gazer. So that'd be worth a couple of grand to me. The flawless condition would be worth a couple grand. I'd expect to have to somewhat recondition the trailer on a typical boat, so that's worth some money. So now I'd be comparing it to $11K unkown boats. Show me a better slalom boat in better condition for $15K.

DooSPX
05-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the boat is worth $15K. I also agree that the upgrades do not add a lot of value. Definitely some value though. If I were buying an older 190 I'd need/ want to put in a decent stereo (not a $5K one) and Star Gazer. So that'd be worth a couple of grand to me. The flawless condition would be worth a couple grand. I'd expect to have to somewhat recondition the trailer on a typical boat, so that's worth some money. So now I'd be comparing it to $11K unkown boats. Show me a better slalom boat in better condition for $15K.

My thoughts exactly John!

east tx skier
05-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Please talk to him. I promise pics are coming

I did. Yesterday. He's about to pull the trigger on a 99 SNOB with 100 hours on it. He is convinced he needs an open bow. In his defense, the boat is in pristine condition.

Good luck, but I don't think you'll need it. Someone will pay close to your asking price for the boat.

/see, told you the pictures are the ticket. ;)

pmkkdx
05-10-2011, 09:56 AM
My thoughts exactly John!

ditto! :cool:

Kyle
05-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Great looking boat. I agree that if you wait it out you'll find a buyer willing to pay you what you think its worth, or near it.

slightly off topic, but what brand and color are your underwater lights?

Bulletline under water lights. Ken sold them to me. He has an online store only. They are supposed to be a hair like 10 lumens brighter than the abyss the mastercrafts first came out with. I believe they are like $100 each shipped to the house.

Kyle
05-10-2011, 11:19 AM

Let me first say that the day I bought my boat I spent $250 45 minutes afterwards on the trailer just to drive it legally back home. The new owner of this boat will just need to drive home.

I truly believe that if you could get a 11.5k boat or say a 12.5k boat that I probably would not have the perfect pass stargazer. Then you are adding money to update the boat to have speed control. Say it did have PP but not the gazer you are still spending money to get the best. The stereo origionally came with 2 speakers in the rear and a raggedy old head unit. So changing speakers and head unit and maybe an amp and a cheap ole sub you add 1k extra. Say with all of the money invested into a boat to purchase the PP and stereo you are close to 13.5 to 14k.

To me the coolness is worth 1k. It is also worth having a new engine and a newly rebuilt powerslot transmission both with less than 50 hours on them.

I have seen some 190's '91-'94 asking 16,000 to 16,900 this is why all I want is 15k out the door. I have never seen a pimp my 190 before and I know my boat gets a lot of attention on public lakes.

For someone shopping looking at say 10k-12.5k boats if they came and looked at mine with an open mind about the price they would quickly realize the PP, lights, engine, stereo, platform, underwater lights, etc would be worth 2k. So in reality I am only getting 2.5k ish for all of upgrades and new powertrain. Not the extra 5k everyone is saying just for the stereo. The countless hours of time I have spent keeping this boat has not even been factored in what so ever.

At the end of last summer when the engine and transmission were gone through that alone was close to 4k. JUst saying

Maybe I am super crazy and people will be pushed away just by price, but all I need them to do is click on my pic and look. Then click on some other factory boat. I bet they click back and fourth for a while and think....

Thrall
05-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Unless you have to dump it, someone will come along and appreciate the boat for what it is.
Assuming $15k asking price and you have a little wiggle room built in, $14-14.5k doesn't seem out of line for someone who wants a great slalom boat with a ton of extras. If you need 15 out of it, ask 16 obo. Everyone wants to haggle.
I got $13.5k for my '96 500hrs 2 years ago when the market was in the dump. LT-1, ND tower, good interior and exterior. Other than that it was stripped down, no PP, no fancy stereo, swim deck and trailer not near as nice, worn carpet, etc.
Sure the LT-1 and tower brought some $ but to get it to look like your boat would ahve taken some serious coin.
You're not out of line on price, just limited in market. When I sold my 190, most callers had no idea what they were looking at (What's a LT1? Does the power trim work good? Have you serviced the outdrive? DOes it handle rough water well? WHy does it only go 44ph, thats slow. , etc). So you'll go thru alot of Wallys just finding a buyer that knows what they are looking for.

Kyle
05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Unless you have to dump it, someone will come along and appreciate the boat for what it is.
Assuming $15k asking price and you have a little wiggle room built in, $14-14.5k doesn't seem out of line for someone who wants a great slalom boat with a ton of extras. If you need 15 out of it, ask 16 obo. Everyone wants to haggle.
I got $13.5k for my '96 500hrs 2 years ago when the market was in the dump. LT-1, ND tower, good interior and exterior. Other than that it was stripped down, no PP, no fancy stereo, swim deck and trailer not near as nice, worn carpet, etc.
Sure the LT-1 and tower brought some $ but to get it to look like your boat would ahve taken some serious coin.
You're not out of line on price, just limited in market. When I sold my 190, most callers had no idea what they were looking at (What's a LT1? Does the power trim work good? Have you serviced the outdrive? DOes it handle rough water well? WHy does it only go 44ph, thats slow. , etc). So you'll go thru alot of Wallys just finding a buyer that knows what they are looking for.

Well if you are saying that there are a ton of wallys then why not ask 17k. They would not know the difference lol.

Jorski
05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
The ones who don't know the difference will equate your boat with cheaper boats.

I have sold a ton of used stuff over the years, cars, boats etc...usually I have passed up a good offer early, only to regeret it. Turns out that most of the time that I settle for an offer much like the first offer once I come to terms with how little my beloved boat/car is really worth.

The problem with ski boats, is that it is such a limited market. Now, it is the right time of year, and the economy has improved. Just think carefully about fair offers.

As a comparison, there is a '94 with an LT1 and a tandem axle trailer on ski-it-again asking "$12,500...negotiable" that looks to be in good shape. Not saying that it has all of the goodies that your's does, but it is well equipped with perfect pass etc...
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=13819

As well as a '93 asking $11,500....http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=14569

I hope that you get your price, but it's good to know what you're competing against.

Good luck!:)

StuSX
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Used market is strong. Put it up for sale and you'll do fine... No sense doing 8 pages of opinions before you even post it on onlyinboards or boattrader. I'd bet it will go for close to 15k before June 1... unless you keep dragging your feet on putting it online for sale. Do you have a dealer who is close? I bet they'd sell it for a 10% commission, which would still net you 13,500...

chawk610
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Ditto Stu... it'll sell Kyle...

1redTA
05-10-2011, 04:42 PM
The pictures help the sale alot! they make your asking price alot more reasonable I would try and stage the daytime pics so they are not in a Ustore it lot for aesthetics

Thrall
05-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Well if you are saying that there are a ton of wallys then why not ask 17k. They would not know the difference lol.

Yeah but those were the dopes that asked why I wanted so much for a 13 year old 19' boat that could only seat 6 people when they could get a $19,999 super duper Tahoe special that seats 10 and is brand new!

TxsRiverRat
05-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I can vouch for Kyles boat. I have personally skied on it, and driven it since the day he bought it. Kyle is also anal anal anal about his work. I know this because he personally rebuilt the engine on my 1993 PS205 with the same engine and the boat can now rip your arms out of their sockets like it used to. I've known kyle for a long time and if I was looking for a boat, would want his over any other boat of that era - it's truly kickass.

That being said, it sucks to see him getting away from the very thing that brought us togteher in the 1st place - laking it up and skiing, tricking, and horsin' around on the ski lake...

I'll never forget the day we both actually got up on a stop sign. LOL

TxsRiverRat

Kyle
05-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Skiing on the stop sign was fun...

tex
05-11-2011, 05:51 PM

....and you want to give that chit up....I hope you find what you're looking for!

TxsRiverRat
05-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I'll tell you what was even more fun... The day we collected all the Mexican's soccer balls off the river, put the 205 on cruise, and played dodgeball while skiing standing on my kneeboard!

:D:D:D:D

====

President, Metroplex Ski Club, Ft. Worth, TX

east tx skier
05-11-2011, 08:58 PM

My cousin skiing on a drink cooler. Year before he tried skiing on a tennis raquet. Didn't work, but we threw tennis balls at him to hit.

Good times! Wouldn't trade them for $15K!

:)

TxsRiverRat
05-12-2011, 12:46 PM
The same year of the stop sign, we found a 4x8 sheet of plywood and kyle had an old pair of golf shoes in his truck... We skied on that too - at the blinding speed of 10 MPH.. LOL

What didnt work was trying to ski on one of those flat gas cans (looked similar to an old prestone bottle).

:LOL:

thatsmrmastercraft
05-12-2011, 01:00 PM
We had the standard 36" plywood disc and put rubber feet on a tall flat top bar stool. Seemed pretty darn far off the water standing on the stool. Of course that's when we weren't using the disc to start footing behind our 16' 1960 Alumacraft with a 75 Horse Johnson.

Jim@BAWS
05-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Kyle, You have an AWESOME looking PS 190. Yes it was built in 1993...just not a limited or a Stars and Stripes. Alot of folks mistake that because of the LOGO in the middle of the wheel. I would say you are at
11-13000 boat based on condition

EXAMPLE: We just put an engine in a 1977 Ski Nautique $5500. Heck the boat was only worth $3500 running. By placing a $5500 engine in it that does not bring the price to $9000. It needed a motor, period end of story

Many folks mistake UPKEEP for added value. If you upgraded a motor for $6000 that does not add $6000 to the price of the boat. All is does is keep it at its current value. Yes is has LESS hours on the engine but only adds value to the buyer...not anything related to price. All those upgrades, very cool indeed but those are YOUR UPGRADES that you did to YOUR BOAT. They add a little not alot. Upgrading grahics is cool to you, and yes it looks awesome but adds no value to the boat.

You have a very very clean boat that appears to have been well maintained. It will fetch top dollar. You need to advertize it on the web so the word gets out

Jim@BAWS

DemolitionMan
05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Kyle it's your boat list it for what you want.

ski/hunt
05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
If your selling name "your price" to part with it-- you may get it or not--- the thing that I see your "crazy high" on is giving up boating!!?! I'm sure there are reasons for people to walk away from something they enjoy. Age, health, job, relocation, new significant other ect. What's your story??? I understand it's not my business but was curious

TxsRiverRat
05-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Ski/Hunt - he's not going to share the story. I have tried to talk him back into our ski club, and he is just not interested, and to be honest, if i were him given what happened, I don;t blame him.

Personally, i would just find a different ski club.

=====

DemolitionMan
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Never let a fall out with some people turn you against something that you love doing.

TxsRiverRat
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I agree with you, but it's not my decision. I took the job of president of the club so I could make it better - i wish I had done it sooner.

chawk610
05-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Jeez... all you guys grabbing things off the street and skiing them... nuts! Got me looking around to see what I can use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

chawk610
05-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I agree with you, but it's not my decision. I took the job of president of the club so I could make it better - i wish I had done it sooner.

Man... you guys stop teasing us... this story has to be a doosie!

DemolitionMan
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Man... you guys stop teasing us... this story has to be a doosie!

They said that Kyle had won too many best teak awards. J/k:D

TxsRiverRat
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Story aint a doozie at all.

And yes, you guys need to find as many random things as you can and try to ski on them.

chawk610
05-12-2011, 02:45 PM
The thought never crossed my mind... I guess TV killed my imagination as a wee lad :)

Where can I get an empty keg!!! :)

DemolitionMan
05-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Take your kitchen table out and ski it.

TX.X-30 fan
05-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Old satellite dish might work.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Old satellite dish might work.

Big size, or the modern small ones?

chawk610
05-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Either (1) big one... or (2) small, one for each foot!

TxsRiverRat
05-12-2011, 03:50 PM
LOL.. I might add that the stop sign we tied a 15' section of ski tope to it and the end of it to our ankles - damned thing took about 12 tries to get up on and 11 of those times it would have sank tot he bottom of the lake

scott023
05-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Big size, or the modern small ones?

Has to be the modern ones.

chawk610
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
LOL.. I might add that the stop sign we tied a 15' section of ski tope to it and the end of it to our ankles - damned thing took about 12 tries to get up on and 11 of those times it would have sank tot he bottom of the lake

JEEZ... lucky no one got their foot cut off!!!!!!

TxsRiverRat
05-12-2011, 05:29 PM
it's really hard to hold the handle AND keep the front edge of a sinking stop sign outta the water... We stuck to dodgeball after we both successfully skied on it.

I guess i wont bring up the night me n kyle were jumping out of my boat, and increasing the speed by 5 mph each time. LOL!

G-Star
05-12-2011, 05:32 PM
it's really hard to hold the handle AND keep the front edge of a sinking stop sign outta the water... We stuck to dodgeball after we both successfully skied on it.

I guess i wont bring up the night me n kyle were jumping out of my boat, and increasing the speed by 5 mph each time. LOL!

Up until I read this post I was picturing this activity as riding the stop sign with the pole still attached... kinda like riding a paddle. I was thinking it'd be hard to swim/float with 60lbs of stop sign and pipe tied to your ankle! LOL 8p

TxsRiverRat
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
LMFAO... I bet that would have been harder...

The stop sign had the little c-bracket attached to it, and thats whet the 15' off section was tied to on one end...

The last jump from the moving boat was at 35 mph and it went something like this:

"hey kyle, you ok?" "i racked my...baaarrfffff"

east tx skier
05-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Kyle, You have an AWESOME looking PS 190. Yes it was built in 1993...just not a limited or a Stars and Stripes. Alot of folks mistake that because of the LOGO in the middle of the wheel. I would say you are at
11-13000 boat based on condition

EXAMPLE: We just put an engine in a 1977 Ski Nautique $5500. Heck the boat was only worth $3500 running. By placing a $5500 engine in it that does not bring the price to $9000. It needed a motor, period end of story

Many folks mistake UPKEEP for added value. If you upgraded a motor for $6000 that does not add $6000 to the price of the boat. All is does is keep it at its current value. Yes is has LESS hours on the engine but only adds value to the buyer...not anything related to price. All those upgrades, very cool indeed but those are YOUR UPGRADES that you did to YOUR BOAT. They add a little not alot. Upgrading grahics is cool to you, and yes it looks awesome but adds no value to the boat.

You have a very very clean boat that appears to have been well maintained. It will fetch top dollar. You need to advertize it on the web so the word gets out

Jim@BAWS

Deja vous (all over again). Jim, I recall having this same conversation with you once. :)

I know you speak from a wealth of experience. I'm happy to report than in my extremely limited experience with my old boat, there was value in meticulous upkeep and sensible upgrades (and extras like OEM skins new in box). Anecdotal evidence for sure, but there are exceptions to the rule.

I'll iterate. Kyle has only one chance to be unreasonable with his asking price.

Footin
05-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Kyle, list it for what ever you feel you can get. As time passes and you want to sell it faster...lower the price.

The price will reflect how fast and bad you want to part with it.

sprite
05-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I dont know about price but I love the boat, especially the lighting.

jipster43
05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Awesome boat fo' sho'! I'd definitely start it at $15K and see where it goes.

JP :)

91ps190
05-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Sold my '91 with 994hrs last year for 13k so I don't think your out of line at all.

pram
05-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Sold my '91 with 994hrs last year for 13k so I don't think your out of line at all.

if that sucker has a brother, please send him my way

i have a 91 that has less than 700 hours that I will sell for 11.5k

DooSPX
05-17-2011, 04:27 PM
I have been offered 13K for my 91 a few times. If I actually wanted to sell it, I would have in a heart beat. My boat is not going anywhere though.

scott023
05-17-2011, 04:27 PM
if that sucker has a brother, please send him my way

i have a 91 that has less than 700 hours that I will sell for 11.5k

Funniest thing I've read today. :D:D:D

pram
05-17-2011, 04:37 PM
I have been offered 13K for my 91 a few times. If I actually wanted to sell it, I would have in a heart beat. My boat is not going anywhere though.

i would have to see cash in hand to believe it and I am not talking about 10 -15 years ago

for 13k I could buy any old 91-94 and completely redo it front to back

DooSPX
05-17-2011, 04:50 PM
True.... It doesnt matter anyway. my PS190 is not going anywhere. One time was at the 2008 reunion.

TxsRiverRat
05-17-2011, 04:55 PM
One time was at the 2008 reunion.

At band camp? :)

DooSPX
05-17-2011, 04:58 PM
At band camp? :)

LOL @ TxsRiver.... :D:D

I WAS referring to an offer made for my 91.

TxsRiverRat
05-17-2011, 05:06 PM
LOL @ TxsRiver.... :D:D

I WAS referring to an offer made for my 91.

[Emily Litella voice]

OH! Nevermind! LOL!

bxroads
05-17-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't know if he'll get 15K out of it but its one heck of a boat. If I were in the market for a reasonably price ski boat I'd make him a reasonable offer.

bxroads
05-17-2011, 06:25 PM
.....BTW, I know its none of my business, but getting rid of it and away from the lake smells like a woman......

pram
05-17-2011, 06:57 PM
bxroads is still alive?

wow thought you had vanished into the black

bxroads
05-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm still kickin!

FourFourty
05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Kyle- Start at 15k, and keep track of any offers. Dont take less than what you would like, unless you have to. Your boat is far nicer than 95% of the equivilent boats for sale. You may just find the right buyer who loves your boat, for the care, time, and goodies that you put into it.

Be patient, and just brush off the lower offers. If after a few weeks of advertising, it has not sold, adjust the price a little.

The most important thing to do, is advertise it EVERYWHERE! Ebay, Craigslist, local classifieds, boat trader etc. Get it in view of every interested buyer.

bxroads
05-17-2011, 09:12 PM
The more I go back and look at the boat pics the more I like it. Sweet set up for sure. I've always been fond of the older ski boats anyway.

TxsRiverRat
05-18-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm close to convincing him to keep it, and start skiing with me again ;)

aquaman
05-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Of course if you have priced your boat a little higher than people would pay......then you would "have to" keep the boat.....(since it sounds like you don't really Want to sell it anyway) ?

:)

JMPassch
05-18-2011, 12:16 PM
I agree with aquaman....sounds like you don't really want to sell it. Not saying it's not worth what your'e asking but it may be difficult to sell at that price. I've been in the same "boat" and just sold my '91 Porstar for a '99 Maristar, family boat. Ended up selling it on Onlyinboards.com. Great website! Craigslist works if you don't mind the spam offers. Good luck!

JohnE
05-18-2011, 01:49 PM
If I were to sell my X14, I'd strongly consider buying this boat. The thought of spending the summer getting a new used boat up to par doesn't appeal to me at all. I've had a few responses recently to my ad in the marketplace.

What's the status Kyle?

Of course I'd rather see you have a change of heart and keep it.

TxsRiverRat
05-18-2011, 02:18 PM
What's the status Kyle?

Give me a few more weeks, i'll get him to change his mind after I get him out skiing :toast:

kskonn
05-18-2011, 04:21 PM
.....BTW, I know its none of my business, but getting rid of it and away from the lake smells like a woman......

I agree- I had a buddy who bought a new boat every two years for 15 years. Got married and two months later his new wife did not like him being on the lake where there were other women and made him sell the boat. Has not had one since 2006. Hell he sold his wakeboards and won't even go with me on my boat.

I hope this is not the case!

TxsRiverRat
05-18-2011, 04:25 PM
I agree- I had a buddy who bought a new boat every two years for 15 years. Got married and two months later his new wife did not like him being on the lake where there were other women and made him sell the boat. Has not had one since 2006. Hell he sold his wakeboards and won't even go with me on my boat.

It's not his woman, trust me. :headbang:

thatsmrmastercraft
05-18-2011, 04:40 PM
It's not his woman, trust me. :headbang:

There is just no end to this freaking soap opera:rant:

Kyle
05-18-2011, 07:05 PM
This has nothing to do with my girl friend and trying to keep me off the lake. I had a serious butt chewing when she found out I was selling. It is her that has kept me from posting it on other web sites as I want her happy and it completely pissed her off thinking the boat would be gone. So I have decided to put everything on hold as I would like to keep peace at home, and it's worth having a boat not being used and sitting in storage than having a relationship blow out. So as far as the boat goes it's sitting covered in a storage facility that I refuse to go by the storage.

My reasons for wanting nothing to do with boating:

I am flat out pissed off and appalled over some people or lets say a group of people.

I'm have no place to ski and refuse to ski where I used to ski. Due to above reason.

I am sick of skiing in the bering sea or the local public lake.

I have not slalom skied in 2 1/2 years and have been boating and sky skiing in bs chop and want nothing to do with white caps.

I am sick of all of it. I gave up tournament skiing going to regionals and nationals immediately following rude comments made by a member of my old ski club and him spreading rumors that directly attack my core values. I refuse to go back and show my face to a group of people who believe his made up bs. I refuse to go back as most of his back biting followers that believe his antics and bs accusations.

So fully giving up something I truly loved and giving up a skill or ability that most probably would never achieve over night due to above bs should show my anger and hate towards certain individuals.

Now I have chosen to quit completely as I am sick of rough water and from all above bs I'm at the end of my rope with boating. I will find a new skill or activity to get into.

Kyle
05-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Btw my girl friend is not a skier or boarder. Just a beer drinker. That being said me quitting boating is not a selfish outburst on my part. She thinks I just need to CTFD and think about things. The thing is I've thought this out long and hard for almost 3 years. All my upgrades to my boat was to make me like it more. It was a temporary band aid and now I'm so over it and pissed off that I am just over it.

Kyle
05-18-2011, 07:25 PM
I was a member on the board and vp of the ski club for many years and spent countless hours for many years keeping the site nice. To have all of my work and efforts and basically been given the middle finger with accusations and lies, I chose to walk away.

Most of you would walk away too if you understood more of the details as I am not getting into.

bxroads
05-18-2011, 08:18 PM
I've been in enough recreational clubs, hunting mostly, to know exactly what you mean and how you feel. I hardly hunt anymore because of it.

SkiDog
05-18-2011, 08:51 PM

Down here in the south we'd call him a 'Pu$$y'!

motorowlands
05-18-2011, 09:24 PM
What a crap situation!

I'm not one to start trouble and will typically walk away from confrontation, but when some one challenges my character and integrity, it's on!

Of course I don't know all the details but IMHO these A-holes are getting exactly what they want by you walking away. I could see nothing pissing them off more then you coming back and playing on their playground and having a great time doing something you real love while totally ignoring them.

Sounds like you still have some good friends in your corner there.

My two cents

DooSPX
05-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Kyle, I am truly sorry to hear about all the BS in your club. I can say that you are a good guy, and a value to Team Talk. I hope you stick around here to offer help to others... If not, please find me on FB or email me please.
I hope you get what you want from the boat! I would buy it if I was in need. Also, thank you for all your help with my boat!

Kyle
05-18-2011, 10:19 PM
DooSPX. Congrats on the award at the reunion. Hope you get many more of them. :)

tex
05-18-2011, 11:11 PM
This has nothing to do with my girl friend and trying to keep me off the lake. I had a serious butt chewing when she found out I was selling. It is her that has kept me from posting it on other web sites as I want her happy and it completely pissed her off thinking the boat would be gone. So I have decided to put everything on hold as I would like to keep peace at home, and it's worth having a boat not being used and sitting in storage than having a relationship blow out. So as far as the boat goes it's sitting covered in a storage facility that I refuse to go by the storage.

My reasons for wanting nothing to do with boating:

I am flat out pissed off and appalled over some people or lets say a group of people.

I'm have no place to ski and refuse to ski where I used to ski. Due to above reason.

I am sick of skiing in the bering sea or the local public lake.

I have not slalom skied in 2 1/2 years and have been boating and sky skiing in bs chop and want nothing to do with white caps.

I am sick of all of it. I gave up tournament skiing going to regionals and nationals immediately following rude comments made by a member of my old ski club and him spreading rumors that directly attack my core values. I refuse to go back and show my face to a group of people who believe his made up bs. I refuse to go back as most of his back biting followers that believe his antics and bs accusations.

So fully giving up something I truly loved and giving up a skill or ability that most probably would never achieve over night due to above bs should show my anger and hate towards certain individuals.

Now I have chosen to quit completely as I am sick of rough water and from all above bs I'm at the end of my rope with boating. I will find a new skill or activity to get into.

You are missed and welcomed back at any time! Enought said!

JohnE
05-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Clearly I don't know the details, but if you you shouldn't let an idiot or two allow you to give up something you used to love so much.

DooSPX
05-19-2011, 09:32 AM
DooSPX. Congrats on the award at the reunion. Hope you get many more of them. :)

Thank you! PM at you...

TxsRiverRat
05-19-2011, 10:15 AM
You are missed and welcomed back at any time! Enought said!

+1 Mike...

I know you've been trying to get him to come back too.

TxsRiverRat
05-19-2011, 10:26 AM
And for the record, yes, I agree it was a buncha BS. I was not there the night it all happened; it could have been a personal attack, it could have been blown out of proportion or taken out of context, I dunno... Upon learning about it, I requested that the club issue a semi formal apology at that year’s Xmas party to him, noone was willing to listen. Had I been president back then, I would have apologized on behalf of the entire club to Kyle. He’s been an awesome friend (like a little brother to me) and was an awesome officer and really worked his *** off for the club, and I can say that more people miss his presence than not. I wish he was one of my co-officers now because I’m turning this club into something great again.

DooSPX
05-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I wish there was a ski club around my area in FL. I would guess the closest is at least an hour away. Sounds like You are really turning that club around TxsRiverRat, Congrats!
I have gotten out of car/racing clubs for the exact reasons, childish crap. I almost out of cars and racing in general because of it. Fortunately, I have taken a six year break, selling all my cars and engines I had, only tuning and advising close friends' cars and decided to do it all for myself and not be part of any clubs anymore. Right now, I am having just as much fun being part of the MC community and improving my slalom skills (or lack there of).

TxsRiverRat
05-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks man. Yes, I am putting in blood sweat and tears into it for sure.

Last year, I started the ball rolling by rebuilding a dilapidated old finger dock, and the club loved the results and it seems to have sparked a new interest in having a nicer spot for us to go. Problem is, we have to limit it to what we can afford to lose due to theft and vandalism.

Before and after finger dock:

http://metroplexskiclub.com/pics/dock_before_after_2010.jpg

This year, we found an old wooden raft floating on shore and had the vision to recycle the 4x4s from it to build a nice bulletin board. Total cost: $15 for the saccrete and the plywood sheets.

http://i54.tinypic.com/15mlo5t.jpg

We’re just finishing up work on rebuilding a judges stand:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1938131101259&set=o.135873329758696&type=1&theater

We built a sandbox for the kids:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1938130701249&set=o.135873329758696&type=1&theater

=====

We have a lot of great things going on and great calendar for 2011. So far this year we’ve had 5 monthly meetings, put on a Polar Bear day with a great campfire of recycled wood, had a great work party / boat safety cert day with the USCG, put on a learn to ski event with Kristi Overton Johnsons “In His Wakes” organization and had two promo boats donated by local dealers, a successful show ski event on Lake Tejas and this weekend we’re putting on our annual Spring Fling where we camp and ski on a private lake in east Texas.

Meanwhile, we’re working towards jump repair, a disabled ski clinic, a 2 event grass roots tournament, more ski shows and hosting special olympics kayaking and drag boat races.

Of course anyone visiting the area is welcome to ski with me as a guest provided you have an AA AWSA card

MC

rjracin240
05-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks man. Yes, I am putting in blood sweat and tears into it for sure.

Last year, I started the ball rolling by rebuilding a dilapidated old finger dock, and the club loved the results and it seems to have sparked a new interest in having a nicer spot for us to go. Problem is, we have to limit it to what we can afford to lose due to theft and vandalism.

Before and after finger dock:

http://metroplexskiclub.com/pics/dock_before_after_2010.jpg

This year, we found an old wooden raft floating on shore and had the vision to recycle the 4x4s from it to build a nice bulletin board. Total cost: $15 for the saccrete and the plywood sheets.

http://i54.tinypic.com/15mlo5t.jpg

We’re just finishing up work on rebuilding a judges stand:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1938131101259&set=o.135873329758696&type=1&theater

We built a sandbox for the kids:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1938130701249&set=o.135873329758696&type=1&theater

=====

We have a lot of great things going on and great calendar for 2011. So far this year we’ve had 5 monthly meetings, put on a Polar Bear day with a great campfire of recycled wood, had a great work party / boat safety cert day with the USCG, put on a learn to ski event with Kristi Overton Johnsons “In His Wakes” organization and had two promo boats donated by local dealers, a successful show ski event on Lake Tejas and this weekend we’re putting on our annual Spring Fling where we camp and ski on a private lake in east Texas.

Meanwhile, we’re working towards jump repair, a disabled ski clinic, a 2 event grass roots tournament, more ski shows and hosting special olympics kayaking and drag boat races.

Of course anyone visiting the area is welcome to ski with me as a guest provided you have an AA AWSA card

MC
Looks like some awesome work and a lot of time and effort you are putting in to get the club back in shape. Hope that Kyle (if I understand correctly is in that area), finds the strength to put the comments and actions of some MORONS aside and joins you to bring your club back to its full potential.

TxsRiverRat
05-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Looks like some awesome work and a lot of time and effort you are putting in to get the club back in shape. Hope that Kyle (if I understand correctly is in that area), finds the strength to put the comments and actions of some MORONS aside and joins you to bring your club back to its full potential.

THANKS man - yes, I have known Kyle for a long time and I'm workin on winning him back over.

:cool:

BallBushing
05-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Nice job on that dock! Been following the Kyle saga and have to question whether the parties in question are really chicks? Get it together, have a beer, bury the hatchet & have a great summer boating.

TxsRiverRat
05-19-2011, 04:13 PM
No chicks involved, really...

Here's the most recent pic of the doc, that other pic didnt show the tie offs and the rub rails.

http://i55.tinypic.com/10yhqgo.jpg

Nice job on that dock! Been following the Kyle saga and have to question whether the parties in question are really chicks? Get it together, have a beer, bury the hatchet & have a great summer boating.

BallBushing
05-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Think you missed my point. You GUYS are acting like Chicks. Maybe you're just more in touch with your "feelings" than I am. Nothing personal, still like the dock work you did.

TxsRiverRat
05-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Not me man, I am still in the club, and have assumed the head leadership role. :)

But if I was Kyle, I would have told whoever it was to KMA.

MC

Think you missed my point. You GUYS are acting like Chicks. Maybe you're just more in touch with your "feelings" than I am. Nothing personal, still like the dock work you did.

BallBushing
05-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Well said Tx

CantRepeat
05-19-2011, 06:26 PM
meh, if anyone really cared they'd drive over to Kyle's house and have a beer and talk about how to make it right.

CantRepeat
05-19-2011, 06:28 PM

Where is Maristar210 when you need him?

What we don't need is some johnny come lately mouthing up the forums about what he thinks of long term TT members.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out bud.

TX.X-30 fan
05-19-2011, 06:57 PM
210 is top-notch, he even offered to father my last child if I had problems getting the job done. Hard to find friends like that these days.........

CantRepeat
05-19-2011, 07:07 PM
210 is top-notch, he even offered to father my last child if I had problems getting the job done. Hard to find friends like that these days.........

See, now there's a bud willing to help out in any way he can!

nickespi
05-19-2011, 07:23 PM

I have a steady hand and I'm great with cameras...

StuSX
05-19-2011, 07:42 PM
I thought there was a legitimate reason this post was started. A guy had a serious situation, and had to sell his beloved boat.

Now I'm finding out it's a case of no balls pu$$y whipping? Is Kyle an alias for "Arnold"?

Forget trying to "convince" him to come back. That ship has sailed. Membership to the boys club is revoked.

CantRepeat
05-19-2011, 08:56 PM
I thought there was a legitimate reason this post was started. A guy had a serious situation, and had to sell his beloved boat.

Now I'm finding out it's a case of no balls pu$$y whipping? Is Kyle an alias for "Arnold"?

Forget trying to "convince" him to come back. That ship has sailed. Membership to the boys club is revoked.

Ah more internet eBad@ss.

it's funny how people tend to STFU when you slap the **** out of them in real life.

The guy is having issues with people in his ski club and rather then making more drama in the club he said screw it, I'm taking a break.

StuSX
05-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Not sure of your point, but OP hasn't weighed in for a while.. not internet bad assing, but certainly 17 pages of nonsense about a 1993 boat value.... People begging others to keep their boat, etc.. is a bit whiny. Feel free to slap me if you want, but this is ridonculous.

Kyle
05-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Thank you ball boy who has been here 10 min and stusuks for your immature responses. U guys obviously can't get in your empty heads that I gave up something I loved almost 3 years ago. I dropped all desire to ski competitively over night over how angry I was. Talking about things 3 years ago would have turned into fighting so I did the best thing by walking away. U obviously don't know me and I really don't care to know you guys.

Now I am sick of rough water so seeing my point and reasoning is really not worth discussing with you two. If I quit 3 years ago then there is no point now saying I am a pu$$y. That just shows how immature, childish, and classy you guys are. It takes a real man to know when to walk away instead of making a bad situation worse.

Dealing with what I have delt with, with this certain class of individuals where I used to ski is like trying to convince America that Obama is the best president ever and he deserves a second term because the liberal nation is what this country needs. It's a waste of time and hopefully Mark will change the club for the better and our country will get rid of our pos liberal back biting president.

Kyle
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Stu must be a keyboard warrior!!!

StuSX
05-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Never thought you were a Pu$$y... some other posts had thought Pu$$y whippped( girlfriend or wife making you sell)... that was all. Sorry if there is somthing deeper. Just playing on a typically fun site... good luck in your future.

StuSX
05-19-2011, 09:10 PM
What's a keyboard warrior? Guess I'm not clued into the cool kids lingo...

BROUSSARD
05-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Thank you ball boy who has been here 10 min and stusuks for your immature responses. U guys obviously can't get in your empty heads that I gave up something I loved almost 3 years ago. I dropped all desire to ski competitively over night over how angry I was. Talking about things 3 years ago would have turned into fighting so I did the best thing by walking away. U obviously don't know me and I really don't care to know you guys.

Now I am sick of rough water so seeing my point and reasoning is really not worth discussing with you two. If I quit 3 years ago then there is no point now saying I am a pu$$y. That just shows how immature, childish, and classy you guys are. It takes a real man to know when to walk away instead of making a bad situation worse.

Dealing with what I have delt with, with this certain class of individuals where I used to ski is like trying to convince America that Obama is the best president ever and he deserves a second term because the liberal nation is what this country needs. It's a waste of time and hopefully Mark will change the club for the better and our country will get rid of our pos liberal back biting president.

I am relatively new to the forum, but have seen you comment before and appreciate what you have contributed to the community. If you ever decide to come back to skiing with the same club, different club, or no club, I am sure you will be welcomed back..................as long as you don't have one of those Malibu or Ski Nautique boats!

Kyle
05-19-2011, 09:20 PM
What's a keyboard warrior?

Google it......

StuSX
05-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Right on. That's me... good luck selling your boat.

DooSPX
05-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Kyle, I hope you stick around TT even when you sell the boat, despite some of the peoples comments on this thread.

Please PM me...

Kyle
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Kyle, I hope you stick around TT even when you sell the boat, despite some of the peoples comments on this thread.

Please PM me...

I will. Btw I do have a fb but rarely use it. I will hit you up. No worries as I like TT and dont plan on walking away from here. I will boat through you guys. My gf keeps hounding me to keep it. I'm torn right now as I don't want anything to do with the lake and she likes it. I'm trying to keep peace.

TX.X-30 fan
05-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Stu must be a keyboard warrior!!!

Hey hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle
05-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL..............

scott023
05-20-2011, 10:51 AM

Between ballbushing and this mother, we should have a couple time outs here shortly.

Kyle
05-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Between ballbushing and this mother, we should have a couple time outs here shortly.

ROTFLMAO.....I was thinking the exact same thing

Ban ballbushing

Ban stusx

TX.X-30 fan
05-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Ban Mod1............

scott023
05-20-2011, 11:06 AM
ROTFLMAO.....I was thinking the exact same thing

Ban ballbushing

Ban stusx

I don't get it. I read a lot of silly crap on here, but see no reason to comment on it. Maybe that's just me? :rotf:

Sodar
05-20-2011, 11:07 AM
http://jharri.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ban-button.jpg

Mod1

scott023
05-20-2011, 11:07 AM

Mod1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Kyle
05-20-2011, 11:10 AM

Mod1

Classic :)

GT500 MC
05-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Classic :)

Looks like he's pushing the wrong key--needs to move over one key to "END" as in end this thread. I now cannot get back those last couple hours of my life. :rolleyes:

Kyle
05-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Ahhhh we got another FNG who has been here less than 6 mths trying to take the drivers seat.

Look the thread was jacked 2 pages after pics were posted. No one made you read a thing. Maybe you were not smart enough to quit wasting your own time. Who knows. Btw thanks for your 0.02 cents

GT500 MC
05-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Ahhhh we got another FNG who has been here less than 6 mths trying to take the drivers seat.

Look the thread was jacked 2 pages after pics were posted. No one made you read a thing. Maybe you were not smart enough to quit wasting your own time. Who knows. Btw thanks for your 0.02 cents

Bitter, bitter, bitter. Not taking the driver's seat, just adding my 2c and TRYING to add a little levity to an open forum. It's really too bad you're getting out of the boating world. All of us FNG's will miss you.

TX.X-30 fan
05-20-2011, 11:33 AM

I would first try one of those water-soluble fiber powders.

TxsRiverRat
05-20-2011, 11:34 AM
WOW - I leave for the night last night and you guys cant share the sandbox...

LMFAO - I was cracking up, I must say...

Happy Friday, it's almost LAKE:30

MC

G-Star
05-20-2011, 11:58 AM
WOW - I leave for the night last night and you guys cant share the sandbox...

LMFAO - I was cracking up, I must say...

Happy Friday, it's almost LAKE:30

MC

Does that come before or after beer-o'clock?

TxsRiverRat
05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Does that come before or after beer-o'clock?

LOL - way before!

Kyle
05-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Beer o clock will happen first today unless you plan on skiing in the hail storm we just had. Watched through the window as it hit my truck. No room in the garage. Luckily it was small hail.

DooSPX
05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Beer o clock will happen first today unless you plan on skiing in the hail storm we just had. Watched through the window as it hit my truck. No room in the garage. Luckily it was small hail.

Damn! I would pass out if that were my truck and I would die if my boat happened to be out!

DemolitionMan
05-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Thats why you have insurance.

TxsRiverRat
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
We skied in the rain the other night, no hail...

Kyle, when you come out to MC one night if we get off the water early enough, you need to hit navajo burger - pure greatness

cant wait to ski in the AM, its been 2 weeks now

CantRepeat
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM

Mod1

Elvis has left the building!