PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought a 2003 X30

51timber
05-08-2011, 10:12 PM
There are no words to describe what it's like to go from a 1996 180 le Chaparral with a 3.0L 135 hp motor (which by the way I still say was a great family starter boat to lear the basics) and go a 2003 Mastercraft X30 with a 350 hp MCX. I hurt from Grinning!!!

The boat runs golden and is fast. Corners like its on rails. Sound system is awesome, seating is ridiculous. I really can't wrap my head around how great it is! The only down side is she was bottom painted since it was used in salt water, which seems to have seized the ballst tank motors. That being said it only has 110 hours on it. Aside from that I couldn't be happier.

CantRepeat
05-08-2011, 10:32 PM
There are no words to describe what it's like to go from a 1996 180 le Chaparral with a 3.0L 135 hp motor (which by the way I still say was a great family starter boat to lear the basics) and go a 2003 Mastercraft X30 with a 350 hp MCX. I hurt from Grinning!!!
The boat runs golden and is fast. Corners like its on rails. Sound system is awesome, seating is ridiculous. I really can't wrap my head around how great it is! The only down side is she was bottom painted since it was used in salt water, which seems to have seized the ballst tank motors. That being said it only has 110 hours on it. Aside from that I couldn't be happier.

hahah, that's pretty awesome! :D :D

Welcome to TT and your new world of MC. You'll find lots of us eating bugs from smiling too much while boating.

Oh, need more pics!!

Jeff d
05-09-2011, 12:20 AM
It could just be the impellers that are seized and not the motors. It's pretty common for them to get stuck when they sit up even in fresh water. I'd remove an impeller and see if that motor turns If so replace them with the green ones for about $30 each and polish the impeller housing with Mother's Mag Polish while you have them apart to reduce sticking in the future.

SpryBeast
05-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Congrats! I went from a 2005 Chaparral 180 (with a gap in between) to a 2003 X-30... too funny.

scott023
05-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Congrats on the purchase. Got any more pics of that beast?

nickespi
05-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the MC family and more importantly to the X-30 family. We are definitely the coolest guys in the MC lineup. I second the suggestion about checking your pumps impellers. I would bet they probably just need to be replaced. Probably the cheapest repair you'll ever do to your ride. We would love to see more pics. And what prop are you running? I would guess the stocker since it has so few hours. I about to change mine out.

scott023
05-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the MC family and more importantly to the X-30 family. We are definitely the coolest guys in the MC lineup. I second the suggestion about checking your pumps impellers. I would bet they probably just need to be replaced. Probably the cheapest repair you'll ever do to your ride. We would love to see more pics. And what prop are you running? I would guess the stocker since it has so few hours. I about to change mine out.

Wow. That's a big statement. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

ShamrockIV
05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
we changed to an x30 last year. they are great boats with a ton of room!!!

Brian B
05-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Congrats! I just got my first Mastercraft as well and loving every minute of it!

DemolitionMan
05-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Congratulations and welcome aboard.

51timber
05-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I will post new pics next time I take it out. I think it is the stock prop. Hey question for you. I read on the forum that the tranny is supposed to take 15-40 as well as the engine. I had been running regular tranny oil. Am I reading thngs right. Should I switch to the 15-40 Rotella T that I bought with the assumption that it would be better???

Top speed is about 43 mph. (But she sure gets there quick)
rps are just a hair under 5000 but it seems the more I run it the more they climb as well.

I bought the K&N air filter cleaner kit for the air filter today as well. The filter could ba a little cleaner.

Here are a few more pics as requested before I detailed it. I since also did the teak platform over. WOW what a difference that makes. I put in 2 new amps and a new Alpine type R marine sub.

I will post the new pics after I take it out again, now that it has been detailed.

kskonn
05-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I have that exact same year model and boat. I have loved it. I went to the 14.5 in Acme machined prop, best thing I ever did. It added a peak to my wake and made it larger, it drops your top end speed to about 39 but I rarely ever cruise at top speed.

I would also suggest going to the newer rudder design, yours probably has the blockier rudder, looks like a triangle with the tip cut off. The newer version is more rounded off, when I switched mine it was like I added power steering to the boat. Just my two cents.

SpryBeast
05-09-2011, 07:29 PM
x2 on the rudder

nickespi
05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
I have that exact same year model and boat. I have loved it. I went to the 14.5 in Acme machined prop, best thing I ever did. It added a peak to my wake and made it larger, it drops your top end speed to about 39 but I rarely ever cruise at top speed.

I would also suggest going to the newer rudder design, yours probably has the blockier rudder, looks like a triangle with the tip cut off. The newer version is more rounded off, when I switched mine it was like I added power steering to the boat. Just my two cents.

Where can I find some more info on this rudder?

51timber
05-10-2011, 09:33 PM
So along with the Prior posting about the rudder. Is it true for the 2003 x30 that the trannsmission should be running on Rotella T 15-40 wt diesel oil?

Huskie05
05-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Welcome, awesome boat....