PDA

View Full Version : correct decals for 97 PS205 LT1 slot

tommcat
05-08-2011, 01:13 PM
i am having the gelcoat refinished on my boat and need to put all new decals on it when done. it didnt have the correct ones on it to begin with so i was hoping someone might have some pictures. the large Mastercraft decal on the side should be easy enough but i wasnt sure if the prostar 205 decals on the rear corners were the same as a regular 205 or if the LT1 and slot options had different decals.

thanks for any help
tom

DooSPX
05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
i am having the gelcoat refinished on my boat and need to put all new decals on it when done. it didnt have the correct ones on it to begin with so i was hoping someone might have some pictures. the large Mastercraft decal on the side should be easy enough but i wasnt sure if the prostar 205 decals on the rear corners were the same as a regular 205 or if the LT1 and slot options had different decals.

thanks for any help
tom

Please call BAWS and ask for Chuck or Jim. They will hook you up with the correct decals.

tommcat
05-09-2011, 09:48 AM
the reason i asked for pics is because a friend of mine runs a graphics company and can make decals for me cheap so i was considering that. i also just want to see what the correct ones look like so i can decide if that even what i want on there before i buy anything at all.

chawk610
05-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Please call BAWS and ask for Chuck or Jim. They will hook you up with the correct decals.

DO you have that number.. I am wanting to replace all the decals and stars on my S&S. How do you get them off??? Hair dryer???

chawk610
05-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Cancel that... I know the number... but the other questions remains???

east tx skier
05-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Hair dryer or a heat gun on low that you don't get to close to the gel with and keep it moving.

Start with a corner and start to pull as it heats up. If it starts to stretch, let it cool a little before you start pulling again so it doesn't rip. Tedious, but easy.

DooSPX
05-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I do not have pictures, I'm sorry.
But if you need Bay Area WaterSports telephone number, its 813-996-2297. Tell'em Jason Lord sent ya.

Barefooter92
06-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I have researched alot of '97 PS205 w/ and w/o LT1 and never seen a factory sticker stating such. Now I have seen some owners make subtle changes that look really cool. Like CORVETTE instead of fuel injected. You have a very sought after model you sould be proud to display it as you see fit. Just dont over do it. Love to see pictures when your done.

I have high hopes to take mine to lingenfelter some day and make a few changes...

A small lingenfelter sticker under the prostar would make a statement!

blackcreek
06-10-2011, 10:18 AM
My 97 205 LT-1 just after I bought it and spent the weekend sanding and buffing, all decals original. The red gelcoat was a nice shade of pink before the sand and buff.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/blackcreek123/PICT1213.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/blackcreek123/PICT1211.jpg

tommcat
06-13-2011, 07:58 PM
thanks for the pics, that helps.

i was thinking about an old muscle car style LT-1 with the corvette crossed flags instead of the "fuel injection" decal. i'll post up some pics when it's done. i have a lot of work to do, i found out that the previous owner painted the black parts on the side red so i'm having all the paint stripped off and the original gelcoat restored and a ND tower installed at the same time. hoping to have it back late this summer.