PDA

View Full Version : Wake plate adjustment help needed?

Age Fighter
05-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I tried out a new wake plate installed on my X-14 today, and I could not see much difference in the wakes. So when I got the boat on the lift, I checked out the range on the plate and found out that when the plate is trimmed all the way up, it is actually goes "negative" - or past neutral position (parallel with the hull).

What this means is, when actuated down, it does not go as far down as it should and therefore the trim effect is not as great as it should be. How can this be adjusted?

And FTR, how much total play should there be between full up and full down? Thanks.

smsbrett
05-07-2011, 11:39 PM
One thing to realize is that the plate certainly has an effect in the neutral position. In fact, even "negative" it is providing some lift. As a result, even all the way up ("negative"), the ride won't be the same as a boat without the plate.

I know I see a big difference in wake as I go through the range of the plate, but my boat is an X-2. I assume you have the DD model since you didn't specify 14V? In either case (14 or 14V), your wake will be starting flatter so maybe the plate just doesn't have as much room to make improvement?

Age Fighter
05-08-2011, 10:33 AM
One thing to realize is that the plate certainly has an effect in the neutral position. In fact, even "negative" it is providing some lift. As a result, even all the way up ("negative"), the ride won't be the same as a boat without the plate.

I know I see a big difference in wake as I go through the range of the plate, but my boat is an X-2. I assume you have the DD model since you didn't specify 14V? In either case (14 or 14V), your wake will be starting flatter so maybe the plate just doesn't have as much room to make improvement?

I had considered this before I posted and it certainly makes sense that the plate being there in any position would make some difference -- yet I could not see a big difference (just looking from the boat) thru the entire range of plate motion.

How far is the full range of motion for your plate?

smsbrett
05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
I had considered this before I posted and it certainly makes sense that the plate being there in any position would make some difference -- yet I could not see a big difference (just looking from the boat) thru the entire range of plate motion.

How far is the full range of motion for your plate?

Unfortunately, boat still in storage. It should be here in the next couple of weeks. I'll try to remember to get you some details, but remind me if you don't hear.