PDA

View Full Version : Stock Clarion/JBL system

davidstan
05-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I know little about this system and received no manuals on the amp. What settings are good for wanting the 2 tower speakers to be heard by the skier. Right now we have it set on fader rear 10 and +3 bass +1 treble and volume at 26. Cant hear it much at all if you are the skier. I have the 4 speaker and sub + 2 tower setup. Sometimes when we conclude our ski we will hear a scratchy/static feedback when at slow speed but that is rare. Any help is appreciated. Feel retarded right now.

Cobra Rob
05-07-2011, 11:56 AM
More power, bigger amp..

davidstan
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
So the stock system is weak? No i think it is me and not the system or something i am missing i fiddle with some more and see if i can improve the strenght.

Jerseydave
05-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm no expert but it sounds like you need to turn up the "gain" on the amp.
I did that on mine before i replaced the amp with a more powerful one. (Alpine PDX-F6)

Hopefully a stereo guru can jump on and explain the correct way to adjust your gain. (gain screw is on side of amp)

Cobra Rob
05-08-2011, 11:04 AM
So the stock system is weak? No i think it is me and not the system or something i am missing i fiddle with some more and see if i can improve the strenght.

No the stock amp is WAY under powered for the tower speakers. You can put 4x the power to them and they sound great.

You can up the gain but on that amp you are going to end up with just more distortion.

davidstan
05-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Tried it today and got a lot of distortion when I upped the value on the amps. Stock amps pos? Anyway the system does sound real good if you are not trying to blast out the cove. Thx for the replies

mseller
05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I just got finished with fixing this issue on my 2008 X-45. I had the JL M4300 powering the 4 JL M770s which can take 100 watts and they were not getting enough power. I replaced it with the JL MHD600/4 and can now hear the speakers great. Be careful not to turn up the input gain on the amp too high cause you could over power the speakers with the new amp.