PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Ignition Kit - Which Brand?

PeteS
08-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks to all for the great information on the electronic ignition conversion kits in the past, I think I'm going to do it.

I've heard two different brands metioned recently, and I wanted to see what the experiences have been or which one is reccomended. The two names that keep coming up appear to be the Prestolite Kit and the Pertronics Ignitor Kit.

If I do go with the Pertronics, where is the best place to pick one up? Thanks a millions in advance for the information.

Thanks,
Pete

H20skeefreek
08-25-2004, 11:57 AM
www.skidim.com

PeteS
08-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Ordered! Thanks for the info, and Rich at DIM was unbelievably helpful. Hats off to him.

Thanks,
Pete

H20skeefreek
08-25-2004, 09:17 PM
wish i would have posted this earlier for those who don't get emails from skidim:

You can save 10% off of your next order at http://www.skidim.com today!

We have partnered with a few web sites that have the same interests as we
do.

So what does that mean to you? Savings!

So if you need parts and want to save money, be sure to check it out here
http://www.skidim.com/partnerwelcome.asp

Please tell your friends and family that if they want to save money, shop at
Skidim.com today.

Remember, we have certified inboard technicians in-house and ready to help
you!

Thanks again for making us who we are.

Happy Skiing and Be Blessed!

Discount Inboard Marine, LLC
2113 1/2 Wessinger Road
Chapin, SC 29036
803-345-0996

wesgardner
09-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Hey Pete,

I just got a Pertronix Igniter II and the "Flame Thrower" coil as well, put 'em in, hooked 'em up, fired the boat up and it runs like a top! Seems to have turned a persnicity, hard-starting older engine into a seemingly dependable machine! Well, I've only run it for about a half hour as a test....seems great! good luck with your install, mine went flawlessly...

Wes

bradamerry
09-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Good Luck, I hope it works well. Let me know what you think, I may still change mine as well!

MarkP
09-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Good to hear wes. Keep us posted

PeteS
09-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all the advice and infromation, guys. I went with the Prestolite kit from DIM, only because it was reccomended by Richard. He seems to have a plethora of information.

He said both brands work well, and there shouldn't be a problem with either. I installed mine in around an hour, turned the key, and she firing up instantly. I simply had to bring my idle up a few RPM's, but it's running wonderfully, easily the best the boat has ever ran. Thanks again.