PDA

View Full Version : finding alternator

chawk610
05-06-2011, 08:33 PM
hey yall... having troubs finding a replacement alternatoer. I have an '83 S&S with the ford 351. The alt i have is a motorola??? I have looked at 3 differnt auto parts stores and not having luck finding a compatible unit. I am hot to get one cause I like having spares of vital parts. i just noticed today that the radio phases out when the boat is running??? woried it may be a sign... thoughts?

Hoosier Bob
05-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Check your other thread! :Dhey yall... having troubs finding a replacement alternatoer. I have an '83 S&S with the ford 351. The alt i have is a motorola??? I have looked at 3 differnt auto parts stores and not having luck finding a compatible unit. I am hot to get one cause I like having spares of vital parts. i just noticed today that the radio phases out when the boat is running??? woried it may be a sign... thoughts?

JimN
05-06-2011, 09:41 PM
hey yall... having troubs finding a replacement alternatoer. I have an '83 S&S with the ford 351. The alt i have is a motorola??? I have looked at 3 differnt auto parts stores and not having luck finding a compatible unit. I am hot to get one cause I like having spares of vital parts. i just noticed today that the radio phases out when the boat is running??? woried it may be a sign... thoughts?

Why don't you have the original one rebuilt?

Motorola makes a lot of automotive and marine parts.

The radio dropping out could be due to a bad ground, too. If the ground is bad, the amplifier will get really hot and it can try to protect itself by shutting down until it cools down.

Philscbx
05-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Why don't you have the original one rebuilt?
I agree, Starter/Alternator shops are the best source.

chawk610
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
well... i want a spare is the issue.

BIGandUGLY
05-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Try this site. They seem to have alot to offer you. http://store.alternatorparts.com/marine-alternators.aspx

chawk610
05-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Check your other thread! :D

Because i wasn't sure which thread it belonged in...

chawk610
05-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Try this site. They seem to have alot to offer you. http://store.alternatorparts.com/marine-alternators.aspx

Thank you!