PDA

View Full Version : Quick Release Pylon by MC - Anyone use this yet

nkknutson
05-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi all - my family just bought 2007 X1 and we are stoked for this upcoming summer. This looks like a great site and I can't wait to be part of it.

Anyways when we took the boat out after we bought it we noticed a few changes that we would like to make. Most of my questions I was able to answer using other threads but there is one I couldn't find anything on which is the quick release pylon.

What are people's general thought on this product? Is it as solid and sturdy as the fixed/unremovable pylon that is currently installed? The reason I ask is we use the boat for everything and the pylon seems to get in the way and we'll only be using it pull a waterskier.

I would appreciate any thoughts on upgrading my current pylon to the quick release pylonů..

Thanks and I'm sure this won't be my last question.

Nate

bturner2
05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I believe you're talking about the removable pylon in the sun lounger. I have one and love it. Pops in and out. No more hitting the pylon with your elbow. Much nicer when hanging out at the sand bar too.

Forrest-X45
05-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Welcome to TeamTalk - you have a great all around boat with the X1.

I wouldn't say the removable pylon is as sturdy or strong as a permanent pylon but if all you are going to do is waterski from the pylon then you will have no problems with it at all. That's what it was designed to do.

nkknutson
05-07-2011, 11:31 AM
thanks for the suggestions, I think we are going to get it ordered today!!! Now if I could just order some sunshine

ksdaoski
02-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Any updates on this? Thanks

mikeg205
02-26-2012, 09:19 AM
.....everything and the pylon seems to get in the way and we'll only be using it pull a waterskier.

Nate

....only pulling a water skiier.... sorry couldn't resist... :D;)