PDA

View Full Version : Zero flex tower / updated racks!?!?

Brian B
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Hey guys!

I just came across a smoking deal on some Mastercraft backing plates on ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160579695724&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:MOTORS:1123

Ultimately, I'd like to machine them to accept the clamp style fingers. Where is a good place to look for the fingers new or used?

Anyone know what size tubes these backing plates fit? I'm guessing that mine are smaller.......

I know a bunch of good machinists, so the retrofit shouldnt be all that hard. Even if I had to have new fingers machined up that wouldnt be out of the question....

Thanks for any input!

BNIROOSTER
05-05-2011, 05:25 AM
Hey guys!

I just came across a smoking deal on some Mastercraft backing plates on ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160579695724&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:MOTORS:1123

Ultimately, I'd like to machine them to accept the clamp style fingers. Where is a good place to look for the fingers new or used?

Anyone know what size tubes these backing plates fit? I'm guessing that mine are smaller.......

I know a bunch of good machinists, so the retrofit shouldnt be all that hard. Even if I had to have new fingers machined up that wouldnt be out of the question....

Thanks for any input!

I seen some from a company called pyramid manufacturing on Ebay that sold just the fingers.

X-1Texas
05-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Those look like plates I have on my zero-flex tower on my 07 X1. I'll measure the diameter of mounting point when I get home.

I've been thinking of having a machinist friend make me a set of forks that would have a slot to hold a surf board between the two wakeboard slots.

Brian B
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
^ Any info on the OEM fingers for these plates? I cant find them anywhere. Does Mastercraft make fingers for these plates that will accommodate a surfboard?

Brian B
05-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I seen some from a company called pyramid manufacturing on Ebay that sold just the fingers.

Thanks! I'm going to try to find them!

Brian B
05-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Pyramid has some nice stuff. Just emailed them to see if they have a bolt on finger set for these mounting plates!

http://shop.ebay.com/pyramidmfg1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

rgardjr1
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
^ Any info on the OEM fingers for these plates? I cant find them anywhere. Does Mastercraft make fingers for these plates that will accommodate a surfboard?

I bought the complete set from that seller earlier this year that included the fingers. The included fingers will not accommodate my Inland Surfer blue lake.

CantRepeat
05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I bought the complete set from that seller earlier this year that included the fingers. The included fingers will not accommodate my Inland Surfer blue lake.

Yup, the factory fingers wont hold my F18 either.

bturner2
05-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I keep hearing that about the Blue lake and the Red tide not fitting in the factory racks. I don't seen to have this problem for some reason. Here's a picture of my Blue lake in my 03 X2 (because that's the only picture I have with me right now). I'm able to use my factory racks for both my Red tide and blue Lake boards with my racks.

kskonn
05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
My surf board fits in my factory racks without an issue.

FYI I updated my 03 X30 to accept the newer style factory wakeboard racks without buying new plates.

CantRepeat
05-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Well, the board without the hydro grip will fit. But, after installing the hydro grip mat there's no way to get it in the rack without crushing the mat.

brucemac
05-05-2011, 04:39 PM
I keep hearing that about the Blue lake and the Red tide not fitting in the factory racks. I don't seen to have this problem for some reason. Here's a picture of my Blue lake in my 03 X2 (because that's the only picture I have with me right now). I'm able to use my factory racks for both my Red tide and blue Lake boards with my racks.

you're lucky and those don't look like the standard 03 racks (ratchet style). must have been either early or late build I guess...

I had to buy a seperate surf rack.

Goalie_ken
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
My Inland Surf Board does not fit my factory ratchet style rack (03-04 I think)...however I am working on fabing up a rack that will hold the board on top. I get some pictures up soon.

CantRepeat
05-05-2011, 09:18 PM
My Inland Surf Board does not fit my factory ratchet style rack (03-04 I think)...however I am working on fabing up a rack that will hold the board on top. I get some pictures up soon.

I'm very interested to see this.

I know there are some out there that let you put surfboards on the top of the tower, but, for me, I need to lower my tower at the end of the day for storage. So the rack needs to be able to let the tower fold down to normal levels.

Brian B
05-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Good info here! Thanks!

Mind posting pics of your setups?

Brian B
05-15-2011, 10:37 PM
OK. Not going to do a retrofit. Way too much work as there still doesnt seem to be any surfboard fingers offered for these mounts that I have! They're for sale BTW. Dirt cheep! I have $56 in them.

Anyway, I'm ready to buy racks for my zero flex tower. I need racks for 2 surfboards and two wakeboards...... Any suggestions are welcome please! I want to do this right the first time, and I'm new to this stuff!