PDA

View Full Version : Tower Can Tweeter Idea's?

Lakeside09
05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I am installing some Kicker HLCD tower speakers on 4 of the older 6.5 MC Speaker cans. Obviously there will not be a tweeter where the original tweeters used to be. What could I so with this area? Probably best bet is to just buy some tweeter covers and mount them over them... Thought about putting some LED's in the tweeter holes... thoughts?

Justjoe
05-04-2011, 04:36 PM
This is it. LED. Cool light. VERY bright.

Lakeside09
05-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Awesome... Where did you get those and how did you install them?

stewvette
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Those lights look good do you have the model number of them or a web link to them.

Justjoe
05-04-2011, 06:56 PM
I fabricated them myself. If he already has the tweeter housings and unused tweeters, you can remove the trim ring of the tweeter housing. By trimming off a little more material (slightly increasing the inner diameter of the trim ring) you can fit a standard sized bulb into the hole. Halogen looked SWEET, but ran HOT and melts plastic. The LED bulbs kick it cold. The bulbs and wiring leads are available at places like "superbrightleds.com".

Once they are wired in, it's just a function of wiring power to them, and getting it to a switch.

Easy peasy.

Wake2004
05-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I fabricated them myself. If he already has the tweeter housings and unused tweeters, you can remove the trim ring of the tweeter housing. By trimming off a little more material (slightly increasing the inner diameter of the trim ring) you can fit a standard sized bulb into the hole. Halogen looked SWEET, but ran HOT and melts plastic. The LED bulbs kick it cold. The bulbs and wiring leads are available at places like "superbrightleds.com".

Once they are wired in, it's just a function of wiring power to them, and getting it to a switch.

Easy peasy.

Very cool!! I would love to see an upclose image and a link to which LED's that you used?

Wake2004
05-05-2011, 12:07 AM
I am installing some Kicker HLCD tower speakers on 4 of the older 6.5 MC Speaker cans. Obviously there will not be a tweeter where the original tweeters used to be. What could I so with this area? Probably best bet is to just buy some tweeter covers and mount them over them... Thought about putting some LED's in the tweeter holes... thoughts?

If you do not use the LED idea you can just remove to tweeter pods, that is what I did.

BNIROOSTER
05-05-2011, 04:57 AM
This is it. LED. Cool light. VERY bright.

Very cool! Great idea.