PDA

View Full Version : 95 ProStar 205 Routing cable drivers to glove box?

mattg
05-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Has anyone routed a cable from the drivers console to passenger glovebox? How bad is it, any tricks? Does it require alot of drilling.

Double D
05-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Has anyone routed a cable from the drivers console to passenger glovebox? How bad is it, any tricks? Does it require alot of drilling.

Yep, should be. I ran speaker and control wire from my radio to my amps in my 94 205. You need to take off both panels under each console, then there will be a small gap (sometimes not much) to get to the area under the front bow seats. Then run the wire around the front bow seats and back in the same area below the passenger console. You will need two people, one to feed and one to grab.

There may be another option to feed down through the engine compartment but I went this way since I was adding speakers to the front anyway. Ran the wire in a black tube and tucked them down in the seam.

Oh, BTW, no drilling required.

mattg
05-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Any clue how long that cable run was? This is for USB so I would rather keep it a straight/short shot but whatever works.

When you say panel under the console do you mean the floor or the underside of the console?

Yep, should be. I ran speaker and control wire from my radio to my amps in my 94 205. You need to take off both panels under each console, then there will be a small gap (sometimes not much) to get to the area under the front bow seats. Then run the wire around the front bow seats and back in the same area below the passenger console. You will need two people, one to feed and one to grab.

There may be another option to feed down through the engine compartment but I went this way since I was adding speakers to the front anyway. Ran the wire in a black tube and tucked them down in the seam.

Oh, BTW, no drilling required.

Double D
05-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Any clue how long that cable run was? This is for USB so I would rather keep it a straight/short shot but whatever works.

When you say panel under the console do you mean the floor or the underside of the console?

The run was about 12' long. The panels you need to remove are the vertical panels. The one your feet kick against in the cockpit, and the same panel in the storage area.