PDA

View Full Version : Need Shower Help

rhythm720
05-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Ok I know this has been talked about on here, but I just cant find where I tap into my hot water supply. I have everything else, just no hot water. From all the posts, everyone has used a brass barb and screwed it in the engine block. I cant find where I do that at. Please help. I have an 07 X2 MCX Thanks

BTV
05-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Port side rear top of block. I think takes a 5/16" allen. Search for Thralls heater install for pic of where valve goes.

rhythm720
05-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Ok thanks. I thought that is where it went, but all instructions say its on the bottom of the block. Thanks again

Jerseydave
05-03-2011, 09:08 PM
BTV, he wants hot water for the shower, not the heater.

You want to look for the block drain plug located on the starboard side (drivers side) of the engine just above where the oil pan meets the block. The port side has the knock sensor so don't remove that (at least that is how my '05 MCX is)

Don't overtighten your brass barb fitting....they can break off easy. Use teflon tape on the threads.

BTV
05-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Jerseydave - I knew he wanted hot water for the shower. Only suggested the heater install thread because there was a pic that showed a place to get hot water (where tap for shower was on my 07 X2). Is there a difference in getting hot water from port side of motor?

rhythm720
05-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey Dave, I looked under the starboard side and I believe my knock sensor is there where you are talking about. My oil filter is on my starboard side as well. I will be able to look again on Thurs and take a picture. I even emailed Indmar and I have not heard anything from them. But I really dont think I will hear from them. But yes, I need hot water for my shower.

Jerseydave
05-04-2011, 09:06 PM
I've heard that some engines have 2 knock sensors, not sure if this applies to your '07 or not. I just know my '05 has the knock sensor on the port side and just a pipe plug on the starboard so check both sides of your engine and see.

Thrall
05-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Port side rear top of block. I think takes a 5/16" allen. Search for Thralls heater install for pic of where valve goes.

My heater pic has the hot water shower hook up. I teed off of the heater line coming from the intake manifold. WOuld be just as easy to run the shower line directly off of the intake manifold location, would just need to reduce the fitting(s) down to a 3/8 hose barb.