PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 205 sundeck underside

dirtk38
05-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I posted this request in the upholstery section a day or two ago, but that area of the forum doesnt seem to get as much visibility, so I thought I'd repost here. I need to build a new sundeck pad from scratch for my 1998 205, and I need to figure out how the pad is supposed to attach to the boat. I've got a few good verbal descriptions, but I'm trying to find a good picture or two just to be sure I'm understanding it correctly. Anyone have a picture they can share?

Here's a pic showing what's missing, just for clarification:66196

supturb89
05-04-2011, 10:49 AM
I remember when I was looking at that boat that I was tying to figure out the exact same thing. My 96 just has three holes that you bolt the sundeck in place.

The8Ball
05-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I have the exact same boat. There are six "mount points" that consists of 2 clips aft, 2 blocks in the middle, and two small vertical pegs, forward. In general, this design sucks because the sundeck comes off way too easy. Never leave it on, hauling your boat down the freeway!

Barefooter92
05-04-2011, 12:26 PM
I am with suptur89; My '97 is bolted on in three places with 3/8" studs fenders and locks. Pad looks the same topside, however, mine does not blow off.

dirtk38
05-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Perfect, thanks guys. The original replacement that I had was bolted in, but it was a pain to get it off. Now I'm wondering if I really need to be able to remove it easily, or if I would be better off staying with the bolt-on method. For what reasons would you need quick and easy access to the area beneath that pad? Simply for the fuel shutoff?

Barefooter92
05-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Dirtk38:

I am wondering the same thing. The only reason I pull mine off is to have it restiched. While it was off I cleaned the glass underneath it. My seat back is split in three sections and the middle section is velcroed in for access to the shut off.

I have no holes in my glass like you show in your photos. The only thing under my sunpad is the three bolt holes and the exhaust vents. I have no reason to remove it other than cleaning. I was disappointed the fuel sendor did not line up with the tow eye. I thought at least that would have been my access. But that is another thread.

Sorry, but I say when you get a new one you bolt it down.

Kevin