PDA

View Full Version : Lake Ouachita Houseboat trip this weekend

X-1Texas
05-03-2011, 01:21 PM
We're renting a 75' houseboat this weekend on Lake Ouachita in Arkansas. We'll be leaving from Mt. Harbor Resort on Friday. This will be my first time on Lake Ouachita, we've been to Broken Bow a few times and hear Lake Ouachita is awesome. Anyway, if anyone has experience on Lake Ouachita it would be great to hear some good places to go.

If any of you are out there this weekend it would be great to hook up and meet some other TT members. Weather forecast is now looking pretty nice for the weekend.

Anyone know anything about the water temperature on Lake Ouachita these days?

gatorguy
05-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Sounds like a good trip. Have a great time.

airdrew99
05-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I used to ski on Ouachita when I lived in Hot Springs. It is a beautiful lake. I've attached a picture (sorry about the poor quality). If you have access to a ski boat while there, I would head over to where the green arrow is pointing in the picture. This is the cove we always skied when on Ouachita. As you approach the cove, you will see the dam right in front of you. If you aren't going to be doing any skiing, I'm not sure where to tell you to go. We've seen many house boats on the east, south-east side of the lake. I've never really been as far west as Mt. Harbor. If you will be leaving from Mt. Harbor, you will be on the south shore just off the picture to the left. Let me know if you have any questions.

Drew

pmkkdx
05-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Anyone know anything about the water temperature on Lake Ouachita these days?

http://www.fishingnotes.com/lakeinfo.php?id=39887

not sure of the accuracy but the above states 63 degrees

sounds like a fun time! I have thought about doing similar down on Lake Amistad ... but a bit leery of all the violence in Mexico lately!

h20boy2
05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Be careful with your boat on the lake this weekend. A fishing tournament was cancelled on Lake Ouachita last weekend because of so much debris. With all the rain we have had in Arkansas, the lake levels are way up on all the lakes!

ncsone
05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
We did a HB trip on Ouachita a few years back. That big island just NW of Brady Mountain Resort has several nice places to tie a houseboat up in. Look for some small coves on the west side of that island, there should be 4-5 'coves' on that side. You can tie up in one 'cove' and not see or hear other houseboats in the other ones.

As for skiing, there is a long cove that runs N-S that is just off the western edge of that picture/map. As long as the wind is not too strong out of the S, it should be a good place to ski.

Then again, when we were there the water was so calm that we barefooted across the middle of the lake. So, my point of reference may be off slightly.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 03:44 PM
How many couples going??

scott023
05-03-2011, 03:53 PM
How many couples going??

You're a bad man. A very bad man. :D

Maristar210
05-03-2011, 04:40 PM
You're a bad man. A very bad man. :D

He has a razor and it needs sharpening. You know sharpened on a nice brown leather strap. Hold your face still while I sharpen my straight razor

:rotf:

X-1Texas
05-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I'll be taking my X1. Thanks for the tips. I'll be careful.

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to a great weekend. Haven't gotten out in the boat much at all yet this year. It's been super windy around here.

Last year we did a Broken Bow houseboat trip in July and it was great. Other few times we went to Broken Bow we rented a cabin and slip for the weekend. We heard that if you like Broken Bow you should try Lake Ouachita. Anyway, we've been looking forward to this for awhile.

X-30 fan- 3 couples and 1 single. Swingers group...

dirtk38
05-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm in 50-degree Chicago for business at the moment, but my buddy back home in Little Rock just texted me to say that Saturday's forecast is 80 and sunny, so I was thinking about getting out there. I'll keep my eye open for an X1 near a 75-ft houseboat...

X-1Texas
05-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Sounds good. If you want to PM me I'll give you my cell phone number and you could text me. Stop by and have a cold one with us.

Boyd

TX.X-30 fan
05-04-2011, 09:56 AM
You should try Lake Amistad some day they have houseboats and lake is beautiful.