PDA

View Full Version : Malibu Boats VP is mourned

jeffbare
05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Malibu Boats VP is mourned
Posted on May 03, 2011
Industry veteran John "Walkabout" Sisson, of Lenoir City, Tenn., died on April 29. He was 44.

Sisson spent 20 years at Malibu Boats, most recently as vice president of Tennessee operations for the builder. At the time of his death, he was director of operations at Bryant Boat Co.

"He was an outstanding person," Joe Bryant, president of Bryant Boat Co., told Soundings Trade Only. "He had a wealth of knowledge. He quickly won over all the employees and was just a model guy."

Sisson had been working at Bryant for about nine months, Bryant said.

"I am deeply saddened by John's passing, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family," Amy Mauzy, social media, marketing and public relations manager for Malibu Boats, said in an e-mail. "Walkabout, as he was known here, was almost indescribable. He was always upbeat and always looking to make someone laugh. He was a talented individual who knew how to get the job done, no matter what that job happened to be.

"He was passionate about Malibu, and especially the people who work here," she added. "He went out of his way to recognize the value in people, and I always appreciated that about him."

He is survived by his children, Erikah Sisson of Charleston, S.C., John Charles "J.C." Sisson of Lenoir City; his mother, Lora Lea Dawson; his brother, Charles Sisson; and a sister, Tanya Leonard, all of Marion, Ohio.

The funeral was held Monday.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Lost Sheep Ministries, 1444 Breda Drive, Knoxville, Tenn. 37918.

EJ OJPROP
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Knew John, Walkabout, for nearly 20 years. He was a great guy and did a lot for the Malibu brand as well as the tow boat industry in general. He will be missed.

Justjoe
05-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Sad. Too young.

TimfromLowell
05-03-2011, 04:55 PM
A friend indeed.....

SunCoast 83
05-10-2011, 11:53 PM
very sad and too young as well