PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Maristar 200 20'

hbomb
05-03-2011, 07:27 AM
2007 Maristar 200 20' and 2007 Mastercraft X2.......
At the time, where these boats one and the same or where they different??
A friend is looking at one in TX and it is described as the Maristar but looks exactly like an X2...

davidstan
05-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Could be a maristar with a tower added. Same hulls exactly.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Is it Chief's X2 that has Maristar on it. I don't remember.

rgardjr1
05-03-2011, 11:31 AM
My 2006 MS 200 SS is pretty much an X2 except for the stitching on the seats. It has the factory tower, ballast tanks and billet dash.

bturner2
05-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I have a 07 MariStar 200 that was built with an option at the time called the X2 package. This offered the boat with the more reserved hull scheme and graphics while still loading the boat up with all the X2 candy (ballast, stereo, tower, etc.). Past the hull graphics and color layout one and the same boat.

rgardjr1
05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I have a 07 MariStar 200 that was built with an option at the time called the X2 package.

That's a nice looking boat. Here is a link to some pics of mine that the previous owner put together when it was for sale. The 200 stitching on the observers seat, 200 decals on the sides of the windows and no empty/full gauges for the ballast tanks are about the only differences I noticed.

http://www.fast.info/mastercraft/

Sodar
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
That is an old TeamTalk boat.

The guy used to live in San Diego and moved to Texas. I am sure you already know, but it is/was a exclusive saltwater boat while he was here in California.

Ski-me
05-03-2011, 06:29 PM
That's a nice looking boat. Here is a link to some pics of mine that the previous owner put together when it was for sale. The 200 stitching on the observers seat, 200 decals on the sides of the windows and no empty/full gauges for the ballast tanks are about the only differences I noticed.

http://www.fast.info/mastercraft/

So, you in the lake yet? Pretty nice setup and it looks like the PO had a lot of extras for sure! Nice score Rick. Hope things are well up there.....:)

rgardjr1
05-03-2011, 06:36 PM
That is an old TeamTalk boat.

The guy used to live in San Diego and moved to Texas. I am sure you already know, but it is/was a exclusive saltwater boat while he was here in California.

I had to get a hold of the original owner to get the title. The boat was first sold to a person in Sandpoint, ID and I don't think he ever put it in the water after he drug it up here from San Diego. There's no doubt that the boat spent the first 50 hours of it's life in salt water. Lots of small corrosion spots on the tower and the carpet was pretty matted. I doubt that it will ever see salt water while I own it.

rgardjr1
05-03-2011, 06:41 PM
So, you in the lake yet? Pretty nice setup and it looks like the PO had a lot of extras for sure! Nice score Rick. Hope things are well up there.....:)

Priest is still about a foot and a half below summer level. It needs to start melting so it fills and drops back down before I can leave it in the lake. I visited the boat last weekend and it's doing just fine. Depending on the weather it may go in Priest for Memorial Day weekend and then get drug back into town and hang out in Liberty until the Fourth of July.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Auto rope winder, wth?

samgreazy
05-03-2011, 09:05 PM
yeah what about that rope winder... I need more info on that!! never seen it!!!

scharette
05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
http://ropewinder.com/

695$ :eek:

hbomb
05-03-2011, 11:01 PM
perhaps the next question I will ask of the owners........
the yellow "compliance label" near the folding billet wind door......... for a 2007 model boat
do they note Maristar 200........ or X2?? being one of the same hull??

rgardjr1
05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
yeah what about that rope winder... I need more info on that!! never seen it!!!

Already on the boat when I bought it. I wouldn't spend the money to replace it. Flip a switch and it winds up the rope. It can be difficult to get consistent rope lengths. Pretty much using a knot in the rope to gauge how much to let out or reel in. It does make it simple to go from wakeboarding to surfing. It adds additional height to the tower.