PDA

View Full Version : Transom Remote for X-30

Doug G
05-02-2011, 05:21 PM
The transom remote (stock factory unit) for my 06 X-30. is dead in many ways and needs to be replaced. Got a call from the dealer today that they cannot get one. Any suggestions on where to get a replacement remote. I do not want to invest in a system upgrade but do miss the transom remote.

Thanks.

CardenFam
05-02-2011, 06:31 PM
The transom remote (stock factory unit) for my 06 X-30. is dead in many ways and needs to be replaced. Got a call from the dealer today that they cannot get one. Any suggestions on where to get a replacement remote. I do not want to invest in a system upgrade but do miss the transom remote.

Thanks.

Find out what head unit you have. Then do a search of which remotes are compatible with that unit. If you have the factory Clarion still you should be able to find a few different ones that will work with your system. Post the model number of your head unit or better yet the number on the remote you have. I know my MC dealer keeps some remotes in stock.

rgardjr1
05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
If you have a Clarion CMD4 that I believe was the factory head unit in 2006 you probably have this remote on your transom:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190526025522

It would be pretty easy to swap in a new one for the old one. Plugs into the cable from the head unit and power and ground if you want it to light up with your navigation lights.

Doug G
05-02-2011, 10:36 PM
It is not the CMD4 head. I am not sure which one it is from their site but I'll find out next time I am at the boat. meanwhile this is the best pic of the one I am looking to replace.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
It is not the CMD4 head. I am not sure which one it is from their site but I'll find out next time I am at the boat. meanwhile this is the best pic of the one I am looking to replace.

Hey Doug, I have one and you can have it for the price of shipping. :D I changed them out for Alpine MC20s.

Well, let me walk out to the shop and make sure it's the same one.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Should be the same as yours.

http://mikesell.net/images/boat/remote.jpg

PM me on it.

rspiecha
05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
I searched world wide and could not come up with a new M301RC remote. I also found out that the M301RC have been plaqued with issues over the years. Mine just simple stopped working, and when I disasembled it, it had moisture and mold inside the remote. I ended up putting the 2 inch non-display version CMRC2-BSS back into the original 2 1/16 inch hole (you do have to wrap tape a couple times around the remote to take up the 1/16 inch difference). The newer alpha display remote CMRC1-BSS require a 3 inch hole, and with the curvature of the X-10 posterior it wouldn't lay flat. My M301RC was factory installed with my XMD3 head unit.

Clarion Marine Remotes Compatibility PDF - Page 24 and 25 (http://www.clarionrewards.com/teamclarion/app_guide/PDFs/2010%20Application%20Guide%20-%20Marine%20Audio.pdf)