PDA

View Full Version : Towing covers?

Brian B
05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
How do you guys feel about towing covers? I've been told they rough up the boats finish and wear out quickly...... The diesel soot in my interior is almost unbearable so I have to do something.....

Thanks for any input!

Brian B
05-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Ttt! :) ........

Cobra Rob
05-08-2011, 06:52 PM
How far are you towing?

I and just about everyone I know with a MC tows with the stock cover..

mcmx2
05-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I would look at why the diesel is not burning cleaner. I pull all over the southeast with a turbo diesel and do not see any carbon on the boat. Unless you have a programmer cranked up or an old pre turbo diesel you should not bee seeing buildup on the boat. We even pull regularly 300plus miles from SC up to Tennessee through the mountains and do not have any problem. I do not tow with a cover for the same reasons that you mentioned.

Brian B
05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
How far are you towing?

I and just about everyone I know with a MC tows with the stock cover..

About 2 hours a week. Sometimes thirty minutes by dirt road.

Brian B
05-09-2011, 12:40 PM
I would look at why the diesel is not burning cleaner. I pull all over the southeast with a turbo diesel and do not see any carbon on the boat. Unless you have a programmer cranked up or an old pre turbo diesel you should not bee seeing buildup on the boat. We even pull regularly 300plus miles from SC up to Tennessee through the mountains and do not have any problem. I do not tow with a cover for the same reasons that you mentioned.

You're right. I'm starting to think I'm having injector issues...... I think another trip to the dealer is in order!

Forrest-X45
05-09-2011, 02:18 PM
What truck do you have?

I don't like to tow with my cover because of the marks it leaves behind on the gel and interior.