PDA

View Full Version : Depth of 95-97 Prostar Fuel tank

BrianM
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Need to replace the sending unit in the fuel tank of my '97 Prostar. Anyone know the depth of the tank off hand or can measure it up? Also is it a two or three wire unit? My boat is stored a ways away and I would like to order a new one ASAP. DIM didn't know for sure and didn't want to send me the wrong unit.

Barefooter92
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Just fixed mine this weekend. 97 PS 205 I did not measure it but it is a two wire unit and around 14" long. thouht I was going to have to buy a new one but did research here on TT and fixed it myself. There are two magnets in the float that were out and laying in the bottom of the sending unit. I epoxied them in place and it works again. Cost under $10 for the epoxy.

I still have my back panel off, I can access my tank tonight if you need a measurement. The sending unit is installed and powered up.

BrianM
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Just fixed mine this weekend. 97 PS 205 I did not measure it but it is a two wire unit and around 14" long. thouht I was going to have to buy a new one but did research here on TT and fixed it myself. There are two magnets in the float that were out and laying in the bottom of the sending unit. I epoxied them in place and it works again. Cost under $10 for the epoxy.

I still have my back panel off, I can access my tank tonight if you need a measurement. The sending unit is installed and powered up.

I decided not to go the repair route and just replace with the new style unit which shouldn't give another problem. Don't want to do the job twice.

If you could measure the depth of the tank for me tonight that would be great thanks.

Barefooter92
05-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Brian

Just got in from working on the boat. My tank measures 12" from top to bottom right in front of the fuel sender. Hope that helps.

What are you looking at for replacement, may need one if my epoxy does not hold.

Good luck - Kevin

Barefooter92
05-02-2011, 11:56 PM
The stern is still open if you need other measurements.