PDA

View Full Version : Transom Remote location advice on X-1

X-1Texas
05-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm about to pull the trigger on installing my transom remote on my '07 X-1. Anyone have any advice on location? I was thinking just to the right of the air intake and just above the rub rail.

It's an Clarion MW-1 remote for a CMD6.

Need to get this done this week before our houseboat trip to Lake Ouachita on Friday.

G-Star
05-02-2011, 01:30 PM
That's where mine is...

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 01:35 PM
This may or may not help you on your install, but here is the install I did on my 92.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=30053

X-1Texas
05-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks guys. That's pretty much the location I was thinking. And thanks for the link to your install. Should be doing the drilling tomorrow or Wednesday evening.

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys. That's pretty much the location I was thinking. And thanks for the link to your install. Should be doing the drilling tomorrow or Wednesday evening.

1 thing I would suggest on the drilling. I assume your hole saw uses a 1/4 drill bit. Make your marks and drill just the pilot hole then take your hole saw and hold it up on the under side and make sure it will clear everything inside the boat.

If you need to ajust a little you can still do it as long as you keep the pilot hole inside the hole saw area. I learned this while doing a through hole for a ballast pump.

Good luck on your install.